Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th March 2018, 08:56 AM   #1
seogurbir

Default Ask Me Anything

Hey guys, I am no expert but I will take the liberty to call myself an intermediate SEO(almost). This was the only forums where I actually felt welcomed.

So if anyone has any questions about anything related to SEO, I'll try to answer them. If I can't, hopefully other experts here will chime in

Cheers!

Old 19th March 2018, 06:18 PM   #2
alexjames212

Okay here it goes, as an intermediate, SEO, how would you go about ranking a particular keyword for your client? Consider a cosmetic medical clinic and you are given the task of ranking their website for laser tattoo removal. What would you initially do and what would be your plan?

alexjames212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:46 PM   #3
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seogurbir View Post
So if anyone has any questions about anything related to SEO, I'll try to answer them.
As an SEO if keywords is not already considered by Google what method can you do to rank in search engine?
Timer starts now seogurbir from India

Old 23rd March 2018, 12:17 PM   #4
seogurbir

@jeffscott Are you saying that Google already doesn't take keywords into account? Or is it a hypothetical question?

Anyway, I am going to give you my opinion on it. Up until a few years ago, you could rank for a keyword by simply having a bunch of links with exact match anchor text pointed to your page + the usual of keywords & variations in your title tag, headers, and content. However, as of now, that isn't going to happen.

Post Rankbrain, we need to focus more on optimizing for intent versus optimizing for a single keyword. In no way am I suggesting that you don't include your keywords in the right places - those are a must. But as an SEO, we have to take into account the searcher's intent behind a keyword.

Google is smart enough to know what the user wants. It is almost impossible to rank your service page for an informational keyword.

So yeah, wrapping up.. I would say that all the normal factors are still very much in force - links, proper on-page etc .. however, we should definitely try to satisfy intent and improve user experience. I cannot say for sure whether user engagement metrics have any impact on rankings but optimizing for them couldn't hurt, right? If nothing else, it might just improve conversions.

Cheers