Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2013, 12:59 AM   #31
accurate.cygnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneidaselva View Post
You need to check the conversion rate. If someone coming into your website they do not only view the product but actually they should be buying customers. So go for target or buying keywords.
PPC is not responsible for conversion rate. It is up to your product, its quality and other selling factors. Be it PPC or organic SEO, their function is to keep your site on top and brings people to your site.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:43 AM   #32
Rachel S

Definitely PPC works perfectly with its own business features. For small or large business PPC really great effective. Creating a definite goal for your PPC campaign give you a great result for your business.
PPC includes some great features include,

• Campaign Management.
• Keyword research
• Ad design
• Pay-Per-Click bidding
• Monthly reporting
• Marketing recommendations

I hope all comment of this threads are good answers for your questions. Have a great day.

Rachel !!!

Rachel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 07:40 PM   #33
MAsBro

It works well in the right hands. It's an enormous money pit for those who don't know it's capabilities. Give it time and test the hell out of your ads and and landing pages. The best campaigns are always testing.

MAsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 01:31 PM   #34
TheSeoProz

First, you need to find keywords that are less expensive, try long tail keywords at first. You bigger concern is on converting traffic. I would set up an A/B test of various elements on your page after you establish a base conversion rate. PPC will get the traffic to your page, you just have to make sure you have chosen the right keywords and have the on page elements in place to convert that traffic into customers.

TheSeoProz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 12:30 PM   #35
Jim Collins

One thing learned recently is that the ppc company doesn't always act in your interest. Our number of clicks per budget often drops a lot when the "reps" call us to suggest changes.
Spend a lot of time understanding how to optimize your campaigns and take their suggestions with a grain of salt.
If want to make those recommended change make sure you compare the before and after performance.

It's usually money well spent.

Old 26th June 2013, 06:01 AM   #36
Beth Worthy

With PPC, do perform the sufficient keyword research before deciding the keyword phrases to target the campaign. It is free to use and produces substantial information that is critical to the success of the effort. Most importantly, don't take the brick and mortar retail philosophy to the online marketing efforts.According to me, the best PPC ad lead directly to or as close to the targeted page as possible.

Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 05:12 PM   #37
bwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaxmedia View Post
if it never worked - no one would use it and Google would be pretty upset as this accounts for around 80-90% of their income.
Had no idea it made so big a part of their income! Wow!

bwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:52 PM   #38
Mo.AdFountain

Send a message via Skype™ to Mo.AdFountain

It definitely works, if you're still debating whether it works or not, I think you should try it yourself and see how it goes.

Spending $500 isn't much if you're promoting a $500 product. However, try to spend less for clicks so you can get as many clicks as you can with that budget.

Mo.AdFountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:17 AM   #39
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

If you want to go into that route, I suggest applying for Google Adsense or MSN AdCenter. Most PPC successes came from there. But dedicated effort is still required to "win" here.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:47 AM   #40
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.AdFountain View Post
try to spend less for clicks so you can get as many clicks as you can with that budget.
Careful with that logic as it isn't always the case. Let me give you a scenario. I'd rather pay $1 per click for a keyword like [buy futons] vs .10 cents for [futon]. With a 500 budget, I may get only 500 visitors at a $1 per piece. But my experience is that you can sell more to those searching to "buy" versus a broad keyword. Plus consider, when the cost per click is $1 vs .10 cents other advertisers are probably bidding a higher amount because the conversions justify the higher cost per click.