Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th November 2008, 07:07 AM   #21
homebus

ppc never worked for me either. i agree that you need to know what you're doing in order to be making money online with this method.l.......john

homebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th November 2008, 12:48 PM   #22
viper_one
VIP Contributor

There are a lot of variables to online marketing using PPC, and you cannot expect people to buy some thing because your upthere. I do not know what you are doing to get the results that you encountered. That's a shame to hear.

Yes there are whiners using PPC, and then there are winners too!

Before reaching critical magnitude, you should determine if PPC is better than straight search promotion. (maybe both for your industry)

Then, hire a big shot firm like http://www.leaderclicks.com/ to help promote you, they have another company that will promote your stuff even better, similar to classified through PPC --- but I cannot think at the moment. Visit my blog for more information about PPC. Thanks.

Last edited by viper_one; 24th November 2008 at 12:53 PM.
viper_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 11:33 AM   #23
Kurt Henninger

PPC marketing does work. Absolutely does and it works for me. However, it is a more advanced way to generate traffic and you really need to know your $$ numbers, like cost to acquire a customer, lifetime value of a customer.

Those who suceed at PPC generally have a firm grasp of their entire business.

Keep at it. It works!

Kurt Henninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:19 AM   #24
christopher_nz

Is there any thing written about which sectors work well with PPC and which don't. Personally, I've had limited sucess with PPC.

christopher_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 02:42 PM   #25
David Jackson
VIP Contributor

While PPC is not my preferred method of marketing, it does work. But you have to know what you're doing or you can blow a lot of money quickly. Personally, I prefer article marketing over any other form of marketing.

David Jackson

Old 2nd December 2008, 07:25 PM   #26
YvetteMarie

I have to agree with David about article marketing. PPC can work but it's quite a learning curve before you get good at it. But I think the most important thing that was said so far was about the value of organic search results. What really matters is what you are pointing the clicks to. Are you building a solid business on the internet or are you just putting up landing pages to send people too?

I think you are better off building something of long term value like a full scale website, then once you get that valued visitor to your website, you have lots of info to keep them there and keep them interested.

Of course it depends on your business model too I suppose, but PPC can be used as an interim traffic builder while your website gains more organic search engine status.

Yvette

YvetteMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 05:09 AM   #27
kennethquinn

Well pretty interesting thought about PPC this is the first time i have ever heard anyone complaining about it.......

kennethquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 07:11 AM   #28
Mark Brown

Yeah i totally agree with khaty. He is right this is the first time i m seeing anyone complaining about PPC...

Mark Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2008, 03:13 PM   #29
David Jackson
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
Yeah i totally agree with khaty. He is right this is the first time i m seeing anyone complaining about PPC...
That's because usually the people who complain about PPC aren't making any money with it. So rather than educate themselves on successful PPC methods, they decide to throw the baby out with the bath water!

David Jackson

Old 4th December 2008, 03:57 PM   #30
viper_one
VIP Contributor

oh, you can get lots of traffic but getting them to buy you out is another thing!

you might need to do some thing practical like hosting about 10,000 keywords for search, and then see which actually do kick butte

like clickconsults.com suggests you might need to target your efforts around 3-4 character keywords instead of single keywords, example: chatroom

single keywords used at adwords.com could lead to expensive moves, and also it depends on what PPC service you are employing

remember, there are no generalities unless somebody just likes to
cry the blues

Last edited by viper_one; 4th December 2008 at 04:01 PM.
viper_one is offline   Reply With Quote