Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2013, 03:22 PM   #41
Mo.AdFountain

Send a message via Skype™ to Mo.AdFountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Careful with that logic as it isn't always the case. Let me give you a scenario. I'd rather pay $1 per click for a keyword like [buy futons] vs .10 cents for [futon]. With a 500 budget, I may get only 500 visitors at a $1 per piece. But my experience is that you can sell more to those searching to "buy" versus a broad keyword. Plus consider, when the cost per click is $1 vs .10 cents other advertisers are probably bidding a higher amount because the conversions justify the higher cost per click.
That is true. However, assuming it's your first time to try PPC, paying 10 cents a click vs paying $1 a click will bring you about 10x the traffic.

Let's assume you get 100 clicks from a buying keyword, and 1000 clicks from other related keywords.

From the 1000 clicks, you'll be able to get a lot more data than 100 clicks, you'll be able to spot which keywords are getting high CTR, you'll be able to get data regarding your ad copy, landing page CTR, etc.

This kind of data is really valuable, since you'll be able to get more information for the same price. Optimizing the campaign from the beginning is a lot better IMO than paying more for buy keywords while you can pay less for the less costy keywords.

That's just my style

Mo.AdFountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th July 2013, 06:06 AM   #42
Andy Choc

Make sure it is all set up properly as there is a lot to think about to make it a success. You need to consider the page your ad is leading to as if this is poor quality Google will up the price you have to pay per click. Also make sure you enter the negative keywords that you do not want to be found for when setting up your campaign, otherwise you may get found and clicked on unnecessarily costing you more money!!

Andy Choc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 09:59 AM   #43
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acommons View Post
However, if you are spending $600 in clicks to get a single $500 sale, that's bad of course.
Good advice. Also, when calculating your ROI, make sure you take in to account all costs. Don't just look at Adwords cost vs. total value. I know this seems obvious but you'd be surprised how many people don't take additional costs in to account.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2013, 02:12 PM   #44
roof cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatprecisionE View Post
Good advice. Also, when calculating your ROI, make sure you take in to account all costs. Don't just look at Adwords cost vs. total value. I know this seems obvious but you'd be surprised how many people don't take additional costs in to account.
We found adwords way too expensive for us. We clean roofs in a 100 mile radius of Tampa Florida. Competitors were killing us, by clicking away on our ads, costing us a fortune!
So, what we did was target every search term people use to find a roof cleaner in their area, and made blog posts on a dedicated roof cleaning forum, to target those keywords!
The SEO Clout of these blogs on the dedicated roof cleaning forum are incredible!
In less then a month, nearly every post we have made is near, or at the top of whatever search string for roof cleaning we are targeting.

roof cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 04:21 AM   #45
Jessicacis

Make sure landing page is appropriate so that you don't increase your bounce rate. You will have to give time because competitors everywhere are trying to corrupt your budget. So keep that aside and will get good results next month.

Jessicacis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 04:26 AM   #46
TheSeoProz

I like your style Sir! Nicely explained, now if the rest of the world could understand that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.AdFountain View Post
That is true. However, assuming it's your first time to try PPC, paying 10 cents a click vs paying $1 a click will bring you about 10x the traffic.

Let's assume you get 100 clicks from a buying keyword, and 1000 clicks from other related keywords.

From the 1000 clicks, you'll be able to get a lot more data than 100 clicks, you'll be able to spot which keywords are getting high CTR, you'll be able to get data regarding your ad copy, landing page CTR, etc.

This kind of data is really valuable, since you'll be able to get more information for the same price. Optimizing the campaign from the beginning is a lot better IMO than paying more for buy keywords while you can pay less for the less costy keywords.

That's just my style

Old 14th April 2014, 02:49 AM   #47
AvniShergill

Yes PPC works and is bit costly. But I think $20 is quite an expensive bid.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote