Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th January 2014, 08:04 PM   #1
AlexFord

Default Tips And Tricks On Growing A Good Blog For Your Small Busines

Guys, I would like to start this thread to collect valuable tips about how to grow a good small business's blog.
I will share tips every day. You are welcome to join and share your best practices as well.
Please try to post really valuable things here, so, we could help each other save time and get on-time instructions how to act and grow a blog right now.

First tip - Publish at least 1 post per day and share it on all social networks where you are.
Start a blog for your company as soon as possible. There is a fact that companies with an active blog generate 67% more leads per month! You can google it, it's true.
Once you started it - write regularly. Even if you fail on schedule, just continue to push yourself and publish.
We are not ideal and what is really helping is to pushing yourself to continue no matter what.
Your first goal - publish 1 post each day and share it on all social networks where you are.

Come back tomorrow and find another one tip!

Last edited by AlexFord; 8th January 2014 at 06:55 PM.
AlexFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th January 2014, 06:55 PM   #2
AlexFord

Second Tip - use pictures in your posts and make quality titles.
Pictures:
Just use it in every post you publish. Great picture is a magnet for users, so they can catch the text of your post after the picture.
One picture from google images can be really enough to get 40% more views.
Titles:
Use not more than 7 words. 7 words - it's a physic limit for human's short memory.
Make it catchy - title is a ticket to your post, same a s a picture, good title works like a magnet.

Stay tuned and I'll share more stuff on how to write cool posts.

AlexFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 01:17 PM   #3
BrandVox

Great idea Alex! Here's my best advice: Plan your content using an editorial calendar. I will preach this until the day I die because it is truly the best thing I could have ever done for my blog! Editorial calendars force you to focus and plan ahead which helps you save time, stay true to your blog purpose, and help you focus on your goals. There are lots of templates out there if you google editorial calendars but I also have a Skillshare class on editorial calendars if anyone is interested http://skl.sh/1i23PjJ

BrandVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Taviuss

When you write blogs, make sure that it is consistent.

Don't blog one day about horse riding, and the next day about how to wash dishes effectively...

At least not if you are trying to build a business on bodybuilding.

Make sure that your blog is on topic.

Also, When you put a picture in, if you have another site, you can link the pic to your url - so if someone clicked on the picture, it would go to your webpage.

Hope it helps!

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote