Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Autodidact

Default Invoicing/shipping

My family's winery is pretty new, and we're about to start marketing to establishments with liquor licenses.

Previously, we've only had the sales through the tasting room, so we only needed our POS system. Now we'll need to track what's been ordered, shipped, and receivables. I think we could use some kind of database.

Any thoughts on what products we might use?

Autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th June 2012, 05:48 PM   #2
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

Even though you may think you may need to deal with transactions that are only in person, you may actually consider at some point that you'll be doing business online--which may or may not include the alcohol sales, you may have a need at some point to sell other merchandise online that's related to wine or maybe even wine accessories.

There are ecommerce solutions that include both an offline and online solution. Especially when you need to track your inventory (for both online and offline purchases).

You might take a look here:
http://www.corecommerce.com/blog/e-c...ne-processing/

Corecommerce.com does both.

Old 18th July 2012, 11:12 PM   #3
craigbass76

I was hoping to give OpenErp a whirl last winter but didn't get to it. Maybe this year. My first choice would have been OpenBravo (there's a standalone POS that integrates) but their licensing "situation" was pretty confusing and most of the really useful extra modules seemed pricey.

I've also been known to swap services every now and again. Fix elderly lady's computer for cookies... set up contractor's website in trade for a kitchen modification... implement winery ERP for wine... ?

I'll try and keep you posted if I ever get it done, and will probably have some sort of tutorial on my site that I can point you at when it happens.

craigbass76 is offline   Reply With Quote