Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th September 2013, 01:43 AM   #1
preeti22

Default Tips About Real Estate Training Blog

Hi guys. I have created a blog which gives training about Real estate.
We are mostly targeting into short sales,foreclosure, finding private money lenders.
I am also offering free ebooks which includes crash course of real estate training.
How should i rank my blog better and what should the keyword be?

preeti22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th September 2013, 10:41 AM   #2
phanio
VIP Contributor

If you can create all that content, then your keywords are already created.
What you should be more focused on is not keywords but on your overall marketing strategy. Who are you trying to target? What are THEY looking for? What are THEY searching for? And, where do they go to find that information?
If you can find those things out, then you will be able to get the right message in front of the right people at the right time. It is about overall marketing - not just keywords - keywords you already have.

Old 16th September 2013, 01:39 AM   #3
preeti22

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanio View Post
What you should be more focused on is not keywords but on your overall marketing strategy. Who are you trying to target? What are THEY looking for? What are THEY searching for? And, where do they go to find that information?
keywords you already have.
Thank you so much.

Old 18th September 2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

I hope this is not daft of me to assume, but are you using analytics of any kind, these will give you an insight into what keywords are generating traffic, what about long tail keywords, do you track those as well?

If you are not happy with the ranked keywords from your blog then perhaps you need to find this out from stats and create content related to those searches

Nutty

Old 15th October 2013, 05:22 AM   #5
preeti22

Thanks nutty

Old 25th December 2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Yomi

Knowing your target market will definitely help you identify the keywords you will use in your blog posts. Will you be targeting real estate agents, investors, home buyers, etc? Also will you be offering it to people on a local level?

I think the concepts of short sales and foreclosures are the same nationally however the laws in each state are different when it comes to the transaction of these types of properties.

Once you identify whom it is that you are trying to reach and where they are located writing the content for your target market should come easy.

Yomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 07:54 PM   #7
BrandVox

I agree with Phanio, don't focus on keywords, focus on your content strategy and what your target audience wants to know. Identify the demographics and psychographics of your audience and then create at least 3 personas to help you write for those audiences. I wouldn't leave out doing keyword research though, you should know how your audience is searching and use those terms. I have a column in my editorial calendar for keywords related to each post.

BrandVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 01:34 PM   #8
Taviuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I hope this is not daft of me to assume, but are you using analytics of any kind, these will give you an insight into what keywords are generating traffic, what about long tail keywords, do you track those as well?

If you are not happy with the ranked keywords from your blog then perhaps you need to find this out from stats and create content related to those searches

Nutty
Once you have decided on the keywords to do, you can go to Google and purchase ads that would show at the top of the searches... That is a great way to get top listing.

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Carrie Minton

I noticed that there are lots of real estate businesses now a days using social media and other social networks to promote their blogs. Creating a good blog with quality content and user friendly user access is a must.

Old 27th January 2014, 01:20 PM   #10
Taviuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Minton View Post
I noticed that there are lots of real estate businesses now a days using social media and other social networks to promote their blogs. Creating a good blog with quality content and user friendly user access is a must.
This is quite true.

You want to make sure that you are providing value to your viewers.

The more value you offer, the more likely they are going to keep coming back!

Taviuss is offline   Reply With Quote