Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th March 2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

Default Review My Blog For SEO Please

I would appreciate any feedback on what I can do for ranking purposes on my blog. It's through blogger. For example, article posts have the blog name followed by the post name as the title tag...is that good? any other code or meta tags I can insert that would help? it's http://blog.watt-media.com

Amir W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th March 2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi Amir, I have not used blogger a lot myself to tell you how to change. But I do not think the blog name being on each page is not a good thing. The focus of the title tag should be what the page is about. Because your blog name is so long, it is only a small portion. If anything, I would shorten the blog name. But that isn't the best/seo solution to me.

I wouldn't have big concerns, but I also don't like how two tags give the same content creating duplicating content.

Because of the market areas you are targeting, I think keyword research is vital.

Do you get any current organic traffic? if so, can you give us a feel for any keywords that are already ranking

Old 31st March 2008, 01:03 AM   #3
jaairey
VIP Contributor

Not bad!!! Did a Google search for some of your keywords in the most recent post. You were number 1 and 2.

I would suggest posting on a more regular schedule so that anybody who follows your blog is expecting a post on Wednesday or whatever. More is always good for a blog.

Good job.

jaairey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

Thanks for the replies, guys. I can try posting more regularly...not sure I have regular readers, though (but I could be wrong). With a business blog, it seems tough to get regulars visiting more than once - but that's another topic, and maybe a catch-22. (if I posted more, maybe I'd get people coming back?)

Logan, what can I do to get this post on the Blog forum? It seems that I'd get more replies in there than in the Reviews section. Maybe if I worded my question differently?

Old 7th April 2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Logan
Administrator

Without a doubt, posting frequently leads to more frequent readers. That scenario isn't so much of a chicken and egg situation. Until you have the content, value there regularly you shouldn't expect others to take the time to check your blog regularly. Yes, post more and more people will keep coming back. Keep the quality bar high though. Quality, then quantity.

Amir, this thread was originally in the blog forum and I did move it to the review section. When I moved it I did leave in place a link to this thread in the blog forum, so I don't think it is going to make a big difference either way since there is already a link to this thread within the blog forum. There isn't anything you can do, wording doesn't matter, we try to keep the blog/blogging forum for questions and answers and requests for reviews/critiques are typically going to be moved to this section.

Old 10th April 2008, 11:52 PM   #6
ijidak

Hey Amir,

Your original question seemed to be about SEO. What stands out to me is that your blog is hosted on blogger.

Is there a reason you aren't publishing your blog directly to your Watt-Media.com website? Or did you just share the blogger link because that was more convenient?

Having your blog hosted directly on your website is going to help, not just your blog, but your entire website.

Best,
Ayo

ijidak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

The biggest reason I use blogger is ease of use. Publishing to our own server, although doable, was not nearly as easy, and less fraught with possible complications than using blogger.

Old 8th May 2008, 11:50 AM   #8
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Blogger allows you to use their interface but publish to your own domain. It's under the Settings > Publishing tab.

Have you claimed your blog at Feedburner (also owned by Google)? That service will let you get a handle on the number of readers you have. Here's a quickstart guide from Google on using Feedburner with Blogger.

--Torka