Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th December 2010, 05:46 PM   #1
William Veasley

Send a message via Skype™ to William Veasley
Talking Local Online Marketing Tips

Hey everyone,

My names William Tha Great, and I'm here from Houston, Texas.

In today's society marketing is an essciential part of running your own business. If you are not well informed about how to market your business to the maximum, then you have come to the right thread! Hopefully we can keep this thread around for a bit, well that's if you help out.

I would love if everyone could share any local online marketing tips they know. I would be more than happy to hear what ways are showing positive results for you.

Below are my local online marketing tips.

1. This might sound too simple but, in truth everything helps. Everytime I comment, start a post, send a message etc, I always start it out by letting you know my name and where I'm from. By doing this you are clearly establishing your location to anyone who reads it.

2. Carefully fill in all your details to your online profiles on all the social media you take part in. Things like filling out your location let's people know a little about you if their interested. Anyone who clicks on your profile is going to be interested?

3. Last but not least, keeping the same logo around the web. You can't have different pictures or always change them and hope for people to recognize you off top. Pick a logo picture with it please. then wherever you are on the web if one of your followers spots the picture they can recognize you easily.

Those are my simple tips to follow. Now let's har yours, don't be shy. I know you know a little somethin something if not a lot.

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th December 2010, 02:55 PM   #2
seattleseoSOS

Good tips William. I've been bad about the 3rd one because unfortunately, I haven't gotten the "perfect logo" created yet. Once I do, I will definitely keep that in mind. Again, I appreciate the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Veasley View Post
Hey everyone,

In today's society marketing is an essciential part of running your own business. If you are not well informed about how to market your business to the maximum, then you have come to the right thread! Hopefully we can keep this thread around for a bit, well that's if you help out.

I would love if everyone could share any local online marketing tips they know. I would be more than happy to hear what ways are showing positive results for you.

1. This might sound too simple but, in truth everything helps. Everytime I comment, start a post, send a message etc, I always start it out by letting you know my name and where I'm from. By doing this you are clearly establishing your location to anyone who reads it.

2. Carefully fill in all your details to your online profiles on all the social media you take part in. Things like filling out your location let's people know a little about you if their interested. Anyone who clicks on your profile is going to be interested?

3. Last but not least, keeping the same logo around the web. You can't have different pictures or always change them and hope for people to recognize you off top. Pick a logo picture with it please. then wherever you are on the web if one of your followers spots the picture they can recognize you easily.

Those are my simple tips to follow. Now let's har yours, don't be shy. I know you know a little somethin something if not a lot.

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

seattleseoSOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Alexandra Nowak

Send a message via Skype™ to Alexandra Nowak
Talking Article Marketing tips

If you are an online marketer, or are currently running an online business, then there are some marketing techniques to avoid. Doing the following unethical marketing tactics can result in having one's website removed and being banned from several social networks. First not do use certain keywords too much in website content. The second involves plagiarizing someone else's work; this includes content, music, photos, and products. Lastly, do not duplicate information on different websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Veasley View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

Alexandra Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 02:18 AM   #4
William Veasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Nowak View Post
If you are an online marketer, or are currently running an online business, then there are some marketing techniques to avoid. Doing the following unethical marketing tactics can result in having one's website removed and being banned from several social networks. First not do use certain keywords too much in website content. The second involves plagiarizing someone else's work; this includes content, music, photos, and products. Lastly, do not duplicate information on different websites.

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I totally agree with you on things not to do. Even that is a completely diffent question then the one I asked. Good tips though just not what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

God bless,
William Veasley

Old 3rd January 2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Rob.Franklin

Quote:
The correct use of keywords is very important for local businesses. Now don't think I'm talking about keyword density or any other form of auto spam.

I do mean giving the search engines what they want...to crush the yellow pages as a local directory for everyone everywhere.

How you can help the search engines and in turn help yourself is keyword localization.

Lets take a car lot for instance.

Do to extremely high competition, keywords like used cars...new cars...new trucks...used trucks...new fords...used fords...are not an option for local dealers.

But by adding a local element like the town you are in, you suddenly have very little to no competition.

For instance...in your title tags and adwords use Tampa used cars, Used cars in Tampa...Tampa new cars...New cars in Tampa.......

This helps both google places and the general search know who you are Geo targeting.

P.S. If you are using adwords don't forget to customize your geographic area before turning on the campaign. Nothing worse than showing up for Cheap Used Cars in Washington when your dealership is in Tampa.

Rob.Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 08:52 AM   #6
RashmiP

Local businesses these days totally rely on internet and simultaneously customers also searches on the web for small little things to buy. Therefore local search marketing updates potential as well as existing customers about products, services etc.

RashmiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 01:55 PM   #7
William Veasley

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the awesome responses!

I think that local business do rely a lot on the Internet. Now a days the internet has become to much of a strong impact for people to not use it. With the click of a button you can talk to someone all the way across the world.

In the times we live in the Internet the way to go regarding to simplicity.

A very good tip was pointed out that a really agree with that adding a local aspect to your domain, threads, post, etc adds location. It give google more information about what you wrote. It's helps people that are in your area find so done like-minded that they could connect with. I always try to add a bit of location to everything I do.

Thanks again!

God bless,
William Veasley

Old 18th January 2011, 12:40 AM   #8
Susan Stones

You also need to consider that most people are now accessing the internet from their phone. This changes the way they interact with businesses and websites.

Susan Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Photosdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Stones View Post
You also need to consider that most people are now accessing the internet from their phone. This changes the way they interact with businesses and websites.
You have some great tips! I agree, focus something on Mobile as the future will be heavily reliant on mobile devices.

Photosdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 05:55 AM   #10
ava_camen

thanks for the tips! come to think of it.. I agree that continuous web presence is a good way of marketing because as they recognize you, you also gain their trust through time knowing that you are an active member of a forum or a website.

ava_camen is offline   Reply With Quote