Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th December 2011, 04:37 PM   #1
trnz

Default Boosting My Blog Readership ?

I have only had a small success. This is because of my lack of PC knowledge. I want to make as much progress as possible ASAP. LOL. I have so much to learn about the software and tools that I will have to prioritize. Which of the following would be the best for using to build up my blog readership? Which one will get me moving ahead the best? Please consider that I am low on technical skill. HTML is a no go area. Any advice at all will be very helpful.
1) SEO
2) Link and back links
3) Guest Blogs
4) Forums
5) Increase blog posts

Last edited by trnz; 20th December 2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Make it clearer
trnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:12 PM   #2
felixkugz

Default Hey there

I'll take it you already have a blog? If so and you are using wordpress, blogger and such other plattforms, you do not need to know the technical stuff. The thing that has helped me is just following instructions. Say you want to learn how to create a sig file in forums. Just google the information and follow instructions! Take one day at a time and you shall find yourself doing alot of things you would have never imagined yourself doing.
Felix
Biznessmind.com

felixkugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 07:10 AM   #3
SanWay
VIP Contributor

as for me i found several blogs i like and i dont search for new ones every day...but i know people that do!

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 04:51 PM   #4
daveb1
VIP Contributor

Hi TRNZ,

What is your blog about? You will really want to us a combination of the tools you listed. Probably the most important on the list is new content. If you keep putting out high quality updates then you should gain a good following in no time. How good is the design of your blog? What is its goal. There will be a lot of factors you should account for before worrying about promotion.

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 07:49 AM   #5
trnz

Smile More Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1 View Post
Hi TRNZ,

What is your blog about? You will really want to us a combination of the tools you listed. Probably the most important on the list is new content. If you keep putting out high quality updates then you should gain a good following in no time. How good is the design of your blog? What is its goal. There will be a lot of factors you should account for before worrying about promotion.
Content is not a problem. Or sales. I am totally focused at present on tools, software, ideas for reaching out further to grow readership. I will get round to all of the tools but I am trying to become good at them one at a time. But all of your advice about my blog in general would be appreciated.

Here is the bit that goes at the end of my posts:

Are you one of The Happy People? If not go to http://happinessguru.wordpress.com Click on Follow and share this with a friend. Make them happy too. Love, Peace and Happiness, Tommy Thanks again, Tommy.

Last edited by trnz; 23rd December 2011 at 04:26 AM.
trnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 01:47 PM   #6
jotempest

Location: I am English and now live in a small village in Turkey on the coast of the Mediterranean.
Default Try backlinking your blog.

Hi TRNZ

Here is what i am trying now, I am experimenting with back linking. What i am doing is posting little mini articles of about 180 words to at least 10 web 2.0 properties like: wordpress.com, blogger.com, tripod.com, posterous.com and similar sites. I put 2 anchor text links in each little article linking back to articles on my blog. I am starting to see a good increase in traffic so hope it works for you.

Good Luck

Jo Tempest.

jotempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 03:31 AM   #7
trnz

Hi Jo,
That is a great idea. I'll start trying that immediately. I wonder if you could explain what an anchor text is? Is it the same as an 'embedded link'?

Old 5th January 2012, 01:36 PM   #8
jotempest

Location: I am English and now live in a small village in Turkey on the coast of the Mediterranean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnz View Post
Hi Jo,
That is a great idea. I'll start trying that immediately. I wonder if you could explain what an anchor text is? Is it the same as an 'embedded link'?

Hi.
Glad i could help. Not quite clear what you mean by an 'embedded link' but it might be the same as anchor link. Anchor text is a clickable link of keywords that links to a specific URL and it is constructed with a simple bit of HTML code which is hidden. All it shows is the clickable keyword or the anchor text.
I can't show you the HTML code here as it will turn into a link but easy to find on the net and easy to do.

Hope it helps.

Jo

jotempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 07:51 AM   #9
trnz

Jo, Thanks for that help.
:-)

Old 6th January 2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Toshiba

Default Hello Trnz

Social bookmarking is a great way to increase your traffic, you can create an account for delicious, digg, reditt, posterous, stumbleupon, hubpages, etc

After you create your profiles & submit your blog posts consistently I promise that you will see an increase in your traffic and if you keep good, interesting & helpful content on your blog then your visitors will become loyal readers & buyers.

Hope this was helpful...

Toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote