Most small business owners do not pay sufficient attention to public and community relations. As a result they miss out on the great opportunity to improve sales and build business brand value at low cost. Instead they are focused on marketing and advertising that cost substantial amount of money. While there are number of differences between marketing and public relations, in the simplest form, marketing can be viewed as “in your face” way of putting your business in front of customers; while publicity is a more subtle approach that doesn’t cost much and can bring equally compelling results.
Why is it important to focus your efforts on publicity in addition to traditional marketing?
Publicity delivers same benefits as marketing at a lower cost. In addition, it builds a long lasting positive impression about your business in the minds of customers thereby increasing your sales and brand value. Some of the benefits provided by a successful publicity program include:
1. It creates a positive buzz about your business in the community.
2. It costs much less to do PR compared to traditional marketing.
3. It builds a long-term brand value for your business.
4. It positions you as an expert in the community.
5. It improves sales – both in the short-term and long-term.
Now that I have convinced you that publicity is good for your business (and free publicity is even better); how do you go about it?
Read more - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...ree-publicity/