Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th July 2007, 10:09 PM   #11
tldtim

Perhaps the 80/20 rule could apply here?

I agree with the statements above regarding real people being the ones clicking on the links. Sometimes its important to talk to THEM and the less tech savvy ones instead of going for the boost in rankings.

After all, link building and SEO techniques don't really mean squat if you don't build relationships along the way as well.

tldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2007, 02:55 PM   #12
MrMagoo

Hey... if it worked for adobe then maybe if I try hard enough I can get the number one spot for click here....

MrMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 10:25 AM   #13
seo-marketing

Default Hi

Google also prefers the content that is more user friendly than search engine friendly

seo-marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 04:21 PM   #14
Mr Money Maker

Ranking websites on Google,Yahoo,Webcrawler and ect is easy if you have the skill, sadly I think most SEO info is bunk and used only to attract people into website so people can increase their click through rate with adsense, the nightmare is the everyone in the world is doing this. with hope of cashing in big time, but it's the people selling products that really make the big money and not adsense or affiliate marketing which truly takes huge Mega Websites just to make $100 Daily on Adsense.

Now I know we are talkking about SEO techniques and achor text and all..........but the bottom line and the real reason we all work on ranking our websites higher.......Is to make money online. But real money making wisdom on the Internet is being able to out think. out fox and out smart the best of the best who rank websites. And even if you can do this, you need a highly in demand product to sell that no one else is offering online !!
And you need marketing skills for the highly ranked website.
There's no guarantees that a number 1 ranked website on google will make you even 1 dollar. But your odds are better if your ranked, also having all the banklinks in the world, will never equall being ranked on google. I've noticed if I have 50,000 backlinks on my guitar lesson website, that still my top rankings on google add up to 90% of my hits daily !!

Mr Money Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 05:12 AM   #15
StephenLi

Nice info! Thank you so much!

StephenLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 05:09 PM   #16
tradeshowdesign

Default click here for...

Isn't it all about how you phrase it? Combine "click here" with "your keyword/product" to get:

"click here for more information on {your keyword/product}"

Or is that too long, or not geared towards SEO enough?

Old 6th February 2011, 10:31 PM   #17
daveb1
VIP Contributor

doing that will cause a major no. of people to disappear from this forum too. think about that. lol

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 07:22 AM   #18
ava_camen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejenn View Post
Authored by: Jennifer Laycock

Full Text: http://www.searchengineguide.com/laycock/010026.html

A Snippet:

There is no denying the power of link text when it comes to search engine optimization. Whether it's your internal link structure, your outgoing links or your incoming links, the anchor text that gets used can have a strong impact on your search engine rankings. That's why if you are new to search engine optimization and you can fit just ONE thing on to your "linking to do" list this week, it should be banning the text "click here" from your web site.
i so totally agree with what you said

ava_camen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 11:25 PM   #19
n_touch

Although using the "more info", "click here" and all that can be bad, but when used on your own site I think the pros far out weigh the cons. If you are converting on your site well, then the external anchor links should be the ones that you are worrying about to help with your rankings and your traffic generation. It is a balance that you have to meet, but one that I think to many people worry about when doing their internal linking. With all of the other factors that are in place on every page a few "click here" links will not kill any serps.

Old 2nd October 2011, 03:56 PM   #20
centralplumbing

What about using "read more" or "click here" or what ever and then making the hover over text keyword rich and the page link keyword rich as well?
Like http://www.mywebsite.com/plumbing-wa...install-advice.

centralplumbing is offline   Reply With Quote