If you're antsy & set in joining the computer & internet era by building your own website, but feel a bit / or even hugely, confused or overwhelmed as to exactly how to go about this. Don't fret because you are not alone by far. Fortunately, a little aid is on the way. This thread will describe the basic steps involved with setting up a simple , & successful website. The Internet has never been as enormous than it is now. The number of websites online is growing vastly everyday. Now & days, it is becoming more and more common for the Average Joe to set up their own website, or blog. But no need to fret, the Internet, is still considered young-only being about 15 years old now. So now is the perfect time for you to take advantage of this & start building your website / web business online today. Numerous amounts of people are setting up small informational websites, while others are looking to set up large e-commerce websites in order to pull in a profit. No matter what kind of website you wish to set up, the basic steps to accomplish your goal are pretty much similar.
The first step to building an effective, & successful website, is to decide what you want your website to do for you & your business. You will need to establish the MAIN PURPOSE of your website - since a site needs to have a reason to be online. Are you wanting to distribute information? Do you want to create an online sales brochure? Will you be selling your product online, or an affiliate product online? Etc. Etc. Etc.
Once you’ve figured out what the main purpose of your website will be. , then you will want to decide your niche market, & possible services / products you will want to promote. You want to do that this early on in the process, to allow yourself to focus your all efforts towards delivering targeted visitors to your website using your future products & services in mind.
Then you will need to determine your specific demographic so that when you create your website it speaks directly to the group you are promoting to. Try to divide your demographics as much as you can. Do this by age group first (no greater than 5-7yrs difference @ the most), then in smaller sectors after that (if you wish) to focus demographics in closer [ex.) like gender, occupations, kids/no kids, single/married/ or divorced etc...].
After you have decided on your targeted market(s), then you will need to narrow those demographics down further, by deciding on your Geographic Target market. For purposes of serviceable areas, shipping (if you are selling a product). Overall, the more targeted your visitors are, the greater your website will perform. Below is the majority of the things, in addition to what has already been discussed above, that you will need to know & apply in order to put together your professional & successful website.
A Websites Basic Structure:
- Provide all your business contact information, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers,& fax numbers
- An general overview of your business
- An introduction to your business, services and / or products
*Services / Product page*
- An overview of your services / products
*Payment processing page*
- A basic payment processing page can be a useful mechanism for accepting payments from your customers. More advanced payment processing is know as Ecommerce. There are many payment processing providers such as PayPal or Google checkout. Most of the time these payment processing providers will only charge a fee if a payment is made, & most banking payment processors charge a monthly fee. It's up to you to decide what the most cost efficient approach is for your web business.
*Image gallery page*
- An image gallery page is a good way to visually represent your business. For example if you are into photography you may want to compile a gallery of images in to categories which will provide a way of demonstrating your work. Or say you're a landscaper, then compile pictures of the past work you have done to show you skills and abilities in that particular field. You will want to grab the visitors attention quick, & the your goal should be to stand out among the rest
- A resource page can be used to structure information in to categories, this information can then be downloaded by website users. You can also charge a fee for visitors which want to obtain this information. In most cases free download information is a very useful method of driving web traffic to your website. Informative download information is a great way to advertise your business. The resources can be used in different formats such as a pdf document, video clip, audio clip, etc. There are many patterns which can be used to deliver the information to your visitors.
Common Requirements For An Effective Website:
1.) Meta Tag Data:
meta tag data is used by search engines to find & correctly classify your website / web business. It is extremely important that the meta tag data you add to your website is relevant to your business. There are three main types of meta tag data:
*Title Tag*: The title tag is important for website design search engine optimization. The title tag is used to form a part of a search engine result. It is important to keep your title tag short but also try to list the most common keywords in your web page title tag. Each web page on your website can contain a different title tag.*
*Keyword Tag*: The keyword tag contains words or phrases that potential visitors will use in search engines to find your business website. The main text on your website should also contain these keywords. Each page on your website should focus on a specific keyword and the text information on this page should reflect against this chosen keyword.*
*Description Tag*: The description tag is normally placed under your title tag and should contain a short description about your business. This is an opportunity for you to sell your products and services to your potential clients. Search engines use the description tag to form a basic description of your business in search results. Keep your description tag short & get straight to the point. Get your message out about your business within the first two lines of the description text.*
2.) Fonts(text type)
: Keep your fonts simple. I would recommend Arial or Georgia font types, because these fonts are easy & clear to read. Avoid fancy fonts which are difficult to read & that will only distract the visitor from the key information you are indicating.
: Use contrasting color combinations on your website, [ex.) if your background is a light color, use a dark color for the text]. I would recommend an intriguing light color for the background & black color for the text, so the black text stands out.
I hope this thread will help you to understand the basic elements & requirements of building your first website. I do have more detailed information on this exact subject and everything about it that I can go into more detail with someone if they need. Only if you are serious & willing to learn. So please PM me, or email me at [email protected], or view below. So I can go into the exact details and the exact steps you need to go about if you are just starting out. Let me bring this up again, for those who are not familiar or haven't read my past threads, I was in the complete newbie stage myself about a year ago. The information & tools I have had to learn is immense, but like any business, you do have to take this seriously. I am just trying to help speed up or lessen that process up for as many people as I can that are just starting out, or consider themselves a beginner. It doesn't get any better than having access to free, no catch, information that will lay everything out in a step by step detailed directions sort of way.
Best of luck to you & yours,