Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th January 2009, 05:19 PM   #1
dido

Default What Should Do For "word" Searching?

hi, as you know when we search by usin " " we get differnt results.well, when i write the main keyword of a web site i get the site on first page but when i put key word like: "science books" i do not see the site on frst page agian...

so on this way is there a way to use to get on higher on google? like adding keywords= science books,"science books"....

what do you say?

Last edited by dido; 12th January 2009 at 03:59 PM.
dido is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:03 PM   #2
viper_one
VIP Contributor

there are different ways to improve a sites standing, but you might want to experiment

i think keywords have some bearing, if not for Google, for the rest of the planet

Old 12th January 2009, 05:38 PM   #3
dido

but how can i improve ranking with " " searchs? when i write science book my web site on first page but when i write "science books" i m not even on 10 pages..?

Old 13th January 2009, 01:31 PM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

The vast majority of searchers don't use quoted searches. About the only ones I know of who do are SEOs and webmasters who are checking up on their rankings for quoted searches, and maybe a handful of professional researchers.

The average searcher likely doesn't even know the option exists, and even if they do, they very rarely use it.

So unless your site visitors are very unusual people (or professional researchers), I wouldn't expect high rankings on a quoted search to make a huge difference in your actual traffic.

That said, to improve your ranking for a quoted search, you need to make sure you optimize the page for the exact words within the quote marks in that exact order with no other words in between.

Don't optimize for science books or science and history books or scientific book if you want to rank for the exact phrase "science book".

Use the exact phrase in your page title tag and in the on-page text and in the anchor text of links pointing to the page. Then just be patient; give the search engines time to ponder the changes you've made, and see what happens.

My

--Torka

Old 13th January 2009, 03:45 PM   #5
dido

got it well, thank you torka

Old 14th January 2009, 03:32 AM   #6
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dido View Post
hi, as you know when we search by usin " " we get differnt results.well, when i write the main keyword of a web site i get the site on first page but when i put key word like: "science books" i do not see the site on frst page agian...

so on this way is there a way to use to get on higher on google? like adding keywords= science books,"science books"....

what do you say?

I don´t really understand the question, but if you are referring to different search options Google has lots of different ones.Check out this site:

http://www.google.com/help/features.html

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Felix Trogare

Post Special strategies

Hi Dido,

In my opinion research with ¨ ¨ is not very common is Google, or unless not too popular for make special strategies in marketing with It. Normal writing will give you better results.

If you need something related with marketing, please tell me!

Felix Trogare
New York University

Felix Trogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 09:52 PM   #8
nickname

I agree with that, normal writing would be better on terms of marketing results, at least it was for me when I was developing my strategy with my current PPC company, and btw it's been great.

nickname is offline   Reply With Quote