Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd December 2010, 12:32 AM   #1
wonderyan88

Default Books On SEO

Hi, I am a new learner on SEO, would any one can recommend some books or other resources for me? Thank you!
PS: Suggestion about newbie SEOer is much need, thks again.

wonderyan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd December 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
innermountain

I don't know of any good books. I've found most of my info on the internet by googling various questions. This site is also a fantastic resource. Bottom line is that your content needs to be saturated with keywords (but not oversaturated), your internal link structure should be geared toward your keyword phrases, the title on every page should have keyword phrases in them, and finally you want a ton of quality links coming to your site. That's it in a nutshell - do you still need a book? lol. Hope this helps a little anyways.

innermountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 02:20 AM   #3
Timu

Default SEO Books!

Most of the books out there are already out dated. Some SEO books only has a few valuable pages you will need.. Try online resources..Good luck!

Timu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 02:23 AM   #4
seattleseoSOS

I'd have to agree as well. Most resources are on the Internet and probably more recent than what books would publish.

Can I ask are you just learning for fun? Are you trying to learn for your own website?

I'll bet if you do enough sleuthing, you'll find plenty of great resources. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderyan88 View Post
Hi, I am a new learner on SEO, would any one can recommend some books or other resources for me? Thank you!
PS: Suggestion about newbie SEOer is much need, thks again.

seattleseoSOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 04:51 AM   #5
alexandrabrian

For SEO study and learning use these resources for getting more information about SEO i.e.

http://www.seobook.com/
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-begin...r-learning-seo
http://www.webconfs.com/15-minute-seo.php
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/

alexandrabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 07:06 AM   #6
EamonnTurley

Default SEO Books

I used a company called search engine news u can search on google for them, you subscribe and they issue a month upate /newsletter also digitalpoint forum is worth checking out

EamonnTurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Lechlak

In my experience books are published too slowly to keep up with current trends. I would stick to online articles and eblasts.

Lechlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 05:32 PM   #8
habeeb24

Hi, simple, you can google it and search free seo books, online materials, tips, complete guides about SEO.

Google is more than enough to learn complete seo and if you use google perfectly, it will take not more than 15 days to learn complete seo.

habeeb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 03:12 AM   #9
seattleseoSOS

You might be able to read enough to understand some of the principles of SEO in 15 days, but to truly learn it, you need to see the results from strategies applied over years. People who have been in the business for years are still learning. Nevertheless, this shouldn't scare you from trying...it's like most busineses, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habeeb24 View Post
Hi, simple, you can google it and search free seo books, online materials, tips, complete guides about SEO.

Google is more than enough to learn complete seo and if you use google perfectly, it will take not more than 15 days to learn complete seo.

seattleseoSOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 12:13 AM   #10
MagicMike

Yea, there's is no books that does SEO justice. By the time they are printed, the information is out of date. A perfect example is the Google Places Algorthim. It literally is changing by the day!!!

The one thing that is predictable (somewhat) is that Google is still tied to "links" and "Page Rank"... and those things probably won't go away too quickly.

MagicMike is offline   Reply With Quote