Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2014, 06:31 AM   #1
Richard Blake

Default How Successful Is Monitoring Competitor Back Links?

Apologies if this is a repeat post. But I've been hearing about monitoring competitor back links. Is it really worth it, what can I learn out of it?

Old 23rd September 2014, 06:57 AM   #2
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

Tracking the competitors backlinks is a kind of strategy where you can gain backlinks easily by following the links used by the competitor instead of searching for it.

Old 15th September 2015, 11:49 AM   #3
JoeInTheMiddle

Monitoring your competitors link profile, lets you find authoritative relevant links that you can easily acquire for yourself. Improving your website authority and helping you to beat your competitors.

JoeInTheMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 12:50 AM   #4
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Blake View Post
I've been hearing about monitoring competitor back links. Is it really worth it
Monitoring competitor backlinks is just analyzing the links that will make your site out perform them in the web as well as within the target users.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 05:23 AM   #5
metricbuzz88

Check your backlinks database regularly neither watching on competitor backlinks. Of course I agree analyzing the competitor links helps you to maintain the search ranking position.

You may get the idea of what is happening in the world in terms of marketing your business. Competitor backlink submission is also a good option to post links of your website. So that you can reach their audiences.

The below are some of the competitor analysis tools:
Metricbuzz.com/Backlink-Watch-Checker-Tool/
Ahrefs.com

metricbuzz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2015, 02:44 AM   #6
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

You can follow your compatatior and get better results.

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 06:18 AM   #7
kenziescott12

Tracking competitor’s back links is a successful way to compete with your competitors and having more back links in an easy manner rather than searching for particular related sites.

kenziescott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 03:30 PM   #8
Failsafemachine

This has been an incredibly useful strategy for me. I paired this with my own efforts to find backlinks and drove my ranking up pretty quickly. I also was able to determine how hard my competitor's IT guy is working to establish an idea of how aggressively I need to be building backlinks.

Monitoring turned out to be a pretty breakthrough tactic for me!

Failsafemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 07:30 AM   #9
jandesigner1

Competitors analysis is a part of SEO strategy and it is a good idea to keep close eyes on their techniques and also to get an idea about their link profile.

jandesigner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 10:18 PM   #10
Celin_G
VIP Contributor

I can't seem to understand this as well. I had one SEO company and they did initial assessment on our site and all, even did a competitor analysis. But during the SEO implementation, I just can't seem to see the approach that should reflect on taking advantage on that competitor analysis. Right, you get what they're doing and all, and then? Breaking that wall is no easy, and going from there (especially if you've got hard to beat competitors) is way more complex.