Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th March 2017, 12:42 PM   #1
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Default My Website Title Tag Is Not Shown In Google?

Hi, I own a photographic website http://www.srihariphotos.com/. I have written unique title tag and meta description for home page and throughout the website. But the title tag what I have written is not shown in Google. In fact the website is getting crawled weekly 3 times and I am much worried on the title tag. I don't know from where this "Wedding Photographers in Chennai" is taken from the website and shown in Google. As title tag is very important in Google and if and only my title tag is crawled and indexed in Google my website will get ranked for the keyword what i am focusing.

Also i have been using the white hat SEO techniques only for building backlinks for my website. Eventhough my website is not ranking for the keywords what i am focusing in the title tag. I am also regularly posting blog content in order to get my website index faster and to get rank for the keywords. No improvement is shown in Google.

Also I have checked for my competitors website, they does not have good and quality backlinks and some have used Black hat SEO. They were on top of Google. But my website is down to Google.

What I have to do in order to get my website to show the title tag which i have written and also how to get my website rank for the keywords.

borgninestallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th March 2017, 12:00 PM   #2
DanielLorick

Default Title Tag Problem

Hey I just went to your website, and the front page has this as the title tag.

<title>Wedding Photographers in Chennai Wedding Photographers Candid Wedding Photographers in Chennai</title>

Change that to whatever you want it to say. If you are building it straight out of html. Make sure you upload the correct index.html file. Let me know if that helps.

DanielLorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:46 AM   #3
tuanvo2411992

It's maybe because Google bots haven't index your website yet, this may explain why your new title did't appear on Google search. You can manually submit your website for Google to index whenever you have new content by using Google Webmaster Tool

tuanvo2411992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 02:34 AM   #4
DanielBeck

Sometime you need to check other listing of your site, because past if you have submitted your site into open directory or yahoo directory then the results shown that title and description. So here you need to add Noodp and Noydir tag to your site.

DanielBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 12:50 PM   #5
Cristian12

Maybe you have to index to Google by Google Webmaster tool. However, I just visit your website and your home page have a title tag but it's too long, you to consider it before submitting to Google Webmaster. Thanks.

Cristian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 05:02 AM   #6
altonroot

Today, I have checked your website in Google and found that title is now indexed by Google.

Ranking of the keywords which you used in Title tag depends on the off-page work you have done and content of your website. By inserting keyword in Title tag, noone can expect first page rank for that keyword.

altonroot is offline   Reply With Quote