Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th May 2015, 01:03 PM   #21
Logan
Administrator

no shameless plug apology needed, i just clicked through for you.

I can't imagine we are a source

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th May 2015, 01:17 PM   #22
PDRandy

Thanks. I appreciate it. I actually clicked on my own link as well. But in my google analytics, I only see 1 visit for today.

1. smallbusinessbrief.com / referral

Now that I know where to look, I see 3 total visits from this source for the month of May.

6 pages/session
avg session 1:29 (one of those was me testing my own link)

Thanks for the help.

Old 21st May 2015, 05:26 AM   #23
floyd.figueroa

I've read through three pages of this thread but haven't found any reply from the topic starter. Thus his original post looks like bravado from his side..
Speaking about forum signatures, my opinion is that you need to be pretty meticulous about on which forums to show your sig. Otherwise you'll have irrelevant traffic to your site (if any) which won't bring you any profit.

floyd.figueroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 12:43 PM   #24
PDRandy

Floyd,
I agree in terms of the original poster, although hopefully he will come back with data to support the increased traffic.
In terms of these forums and signatures, my thought is that you should have a signature with your company message, but your results should be slow organic growth in traffic. If you are productive in the forums and helping people rather than just constantly trying to sell to people then naturally the traffic to your site should increase. It is a similar strategy to "social" media. People don't go on facebook and other social media sights to be "sold" to, they go there to socialize. If you add something to the conversation, then your credibility will increase and so will qualified web traffic. There is actually another thread here that debates All traffic vs Quality Traffic and depending on your business type and assuming the only cost to acquire page views in these forums is time, there is no bad traffic if it is free. If I were to post something that was helpful to a small business owner and they check my link to verify my credibility, but have no interest in my services today, they could still remember me later when they do need my services or if someone in their network does. The bottom line though is that you have to contribute to the conversation here.

Old 22nd May 2015, 10:06 AM   #25
SebaT

I also think that you need targeted people for a good conversion, or traffic will be irrelevant. If you are activating on forums from your niche and your comments are relevant, then I think signature may help you.

SebaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 02:46 AM   #26
kevinqiu

Send a message via Skype™ to kevinqiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
I don't necessarily have a problem believing that you're getting traffic from forum signatures, although I, too, would like to see more than just your unsubstantiated word for it.

But what makes the difference is: what does this forum signature traffic do after they land on your pages? Does your forum signature traffic convert well?

It's easy for somebody to click on a link they see in a forum signature -- for instance, when you read someone expressing an opinion, you might want to visit their site so you can get a better feel for their overall credibility and credentials before you decide to accept or ignore their post. But for someone who wants to generate conversions, that sort of traffic isn't exactly useful.

So good for you if you're getting traffic from forum signatures! But much more impressive if it's actually desirable well-converting traffic.

--Torka
Can't agree more.

One of my friend running a mountain bike business website is active on several famous cycling forums in US and EU. He is active on those places, discussing products or cycling experience there.

The result? One third of his traffic comes from those forum.

It is a shame that he didn't track the conversion. But I think that kind of target traffic will help more or less

Old 27th July 2015, 01:51 PM   #27
JoshuaJ

Make sure that traffic is converting though.

JoshuaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 02:25 AM   #28
chrisjohn93
VIP Contributor

Can you please provide some more details, how you get traffic from signature, Share screen sorts with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnat.csit View Post
Hi everyone, I am getting lots of traffic from the signatures at the forums. Are you using and getting traffic from the signatures at various forums ?

chrisjohn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2016, 03:11 PM   #29
richardhale

Torka makes the right point. I've seen clients get signature traffic all the time, as long as the forum is high quality. All varies. But what they do when they get to your website, that's the golden question. I'd rather have 10 visits that convert over 1,000 that don't.

richardhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 06:42 AM   #30
BenDorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnat.csit View Post
Hi everyone, I am getting lots of traffic from the signatures at the forums. Are you using and getting traffic from the signatures at various forums ?
To receive any use from the signatures on forums, you should post there and to boost your forum profile to admin level So that your signature will appear practically on each page of the forum. Moreover each post should be useful and help the users so that they will have interest in your link

BenDorio is offline   Reply With Quote