Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th May 2015, 05:22 AM   #11
Ryan26

Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan26

So any proof from author?

Ryan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th May 2015, 12:02 PM   #12
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

@MichaelXH, I'm curious. Perhaps I misunderstand what you're saying, but how is a "surge" in non-converting traffic supposed to be helpful? In my experience, traffic that doesn't eventually convert through one channel or another is a waste of bandwidth. A lot of traffic that doesn't convert is a big waste of bandwidth.

I just don't see how getting a bunch of untargeted traffic from people who will never convert for me is supposed to be a good thing... Please help me understand your reasoning.

--Torka

Old 5th May 2015, 05:42 PM   #13
MichaelXH

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
@MichaelXH, I'm curious. Perhaps I misunderstand what you're saying, but how is a "surge" in non-converting traffic supposed to be helpful? In my experience, traffic that doesn't eventually convert through one channel or another is a waste of bandwidth. A lot of traffic that doesn't convert is a big waste of bandwidth.

I just don't see how getting a bunch of untargeted traffic from people who will never convert for me is supposed to be a good thing... Please help me understand your reasoning.

--Torka
A surge in non-converting traffic does nothing, a surge in general traffic is great though. He doesn't specify

MichaelXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 03:46 PM   #14
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Again, how is a general surge in traffic great? I guess you're assuming the new traffic converts at the same rate as existing traffic, in which case I agree that more traffic is better than less.

But "general traffic" just for the sake of traffic isn't going to do any good -- at least not until utility companies and grocery stores start accepting website traffic reports in lieu of cash...

The only kind of traffic that does anything for the bottom line is converting traffic.

--Torka

Old 6th May 2015, 03:55 PM   #15
MichaelXH

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Again, how is a general surge in traffic great? I guess you're assuming the new traffic converts at the same rate as existing traffic, in which case I agree that more traffic is better than less.

But "general traffic" just for the sake of traffic isn't going to do any good -- at least not until utility companies and grocery stores start accepting website traffic reports in lieu of cash...

The only kind of traffic that does anything for the bottom line is converting traffic.

--Torka
I don't think we disagree at all. Yes, if you assume all the traffic coming in is non-converting, that's a bad thing. When we talk about increasing traffic, though, I assume the conversion rate stays the same unless we specify otherwise.

I agree that the lead post is not very substantial, I'm just explaining my meaning at this point

MichaelXH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 09:20 AM   #16
AakashAgarwal

Smile

I don't believe your getting more traffic from forum signature?

AakashAgarwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 10:55 AM   #17
MarshallKing

Well, it is a pretty different question OP.
I know that you are getting huge traffic from forum signatures.
I know that the forum you are talking about is not just smallbusinessbrief.com.

So, could you please name some forums that are driving huge traffic for you?

MarshallKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 09:23 AM   #18
dimsum

share which forums you are posting in?

dimsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 08:20 AM   #19
lptrendin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnat.csit View Post
Hi everyone, I am getting lots of traffic from the signatures at the forums. Are you using and getting traffic from the signatures at various forums ?
I rather focus on conversion, rather than just traffic from forum signature. So can you tell the conversion rate of your traffic.

lptrendin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 12:59 PM   #20
PDRandy

I looked in my website analytics and I don't see any visitors from these forums. I could be looking at the data wrong but I filtered for just the month of May and of the 7,912 visits I still don't see any from here. I would be curious to see where your numbers are coming from too. I would hate for this to be a shameless plug, but would anyone be willing to click on my website in the signature and post a response letting me know that you did? That way I can check the analytics data and report back here to let you know if it is working. I have not been too active in these forums so I wouldn't expect any views, but in the future I would be happy to report back with data to show you how many visitors we are actually getting if that would be helpful.