Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2017, 06:10 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default 5 Ways Social Media Marketing Can Benefit Your Business

When social media got its start, some of us might have thought it was a passing fancy. Oh, how wrong we were. It’s only picking up momentum, and we’ve likely just skimmed the surface of this ever-growing trend. Not only do people use it as a means of connecting with one another on a personal level but businesses also use it more than ever to share information and to advertise. This is particularly helpful for small businesses trying to keep up with their bigger counterparts when it comes to competition. Wondering how social media for marketing can benefit your business? The possibilities are endless! As innovative “homevester” Nick Evans said of his business Frontier Properties, “Social media marketing is what took my company from start-up to success.” Read on for five ways it can benefit your business.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...your-business/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th July 2017, 05:06 AM   #2
Julia StaRomana

Social media is practically a marketing essential for small businesses. If you're not on social media, you might as well don't exist.

Old 20th July 2017, 12:27 PM   #3
SamJones87

Very true!

And the best part about it is that its FREE - aside from paying for Facebook ads, and sponsored posts, of course. For companies, it makes sense to share your brand message, and story to your customers. Visuals give you more personality, imo.

My favorite feature, on apps like Instagram, Snapchat, and now Facebook, is the "Stories" feature. There are definitely ways to utilize this to leverage your brand.

"We want [brands] to have a place where they can tell their stories… in a better way,” says Snapchat’s Chief Strategy Officer, Imran Khan. And that "better way" is through social media.

SamJones87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 01:53 AM   #4
geeksonrepair

Very nice post.I really appreciate you points.

Old 16th August 2017, 09:38 AM   #5
Brook Davis

I absolutely agree. Usage of social media is a necessary thing if you want to get more free traffic and advertise. I have a small business, and I also started the marketing with social media. Some time ago I decided to grow my business and faced the problem of lack of skills. So, I found a contact management software contact management software that has helped me a lot in marketing. But I want to improve my knowledge and do it by myself, though, unfortunately, I need time for this.

Brook Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2017, 10:43 PM   #6
MidwestPlumb

in today's world...without social media you will not be heard...develop your presence and build you brand to bring in customers..

MidwestPlumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 01:27 AM   #7
MilesWeb

Smile Very Nice Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBiz View Post
When social media got its start, some of us might have thought it was a passing fancy. Oh, how wrong we were. It’s only picking up momentum, and we’ve likely just skimmed the surface of this ever-growing trend. Not only do people use it as a means of connecting with one another on a personal level but businesses also use it more than ever to share information and to advertise. This is particularly helpful for small businesses trying to keep up with their bigger counterparts when it comes to competition. Wondering how social media for marketing can benefit your business? The possibilities are endless! As innovative “homevester” Nick Evans said of his business Frontier Properties, “Social media marketing is what took my company from start-up to success.” Read on for five ways it can benefit your business.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...your-business/
I also agree with you and appreciate your knowledge. Usage of social media is a very important thing if you want to get more free traffic on website and brand awareness and the best thing it is absolutely free of cost apart from paid advertising. Social media marketing is a very good strategy for any business.

MilesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2017, 03:12 AM   #8
geeksonrepair

Agree with you all !!! Social media is the best platform for small business to get leads and also traffic.we can get daily traffic with effective social media marketing techniques.It takes time but once you get followers on social media accounts you will defiantly become a brand .

Old 25th September 2017, 12:03 AM   #9
Brooke.Harper

Great post! Most people nowadays have included accessing social media sites/apps as a part of their daily routine and most use online to research about a company or a person. That's why if you don't have an online presence, it's as if you don't exist. Social media marketing has done a lot for businesses these past few years, the more active and engaging you are the more you entice followers your way. Since not all businesses can afford paid marketing efforts, this is a great alternative for them and the idea of most social media sites are free, to begin with, all you have to do is invest a few hours of your day to manage it.