Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Print Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd February 2012, 07:29 AM   #11
LPStarr

Default I like it...

Yes, I agree with the others, the new one looks better. Couple of questions:

Have you bought that domain? If so, usually domains include an e-mail address attached - at least the ones I've purchased. That e-mail,, as mentioned before, would look better than the Hotmail e-mail

I know you don't want the card to look busy, but, what do you do? What type of prospects are you looking for? Thinking about a one-liner of your mission statement or what prospects you're looking for I think will complete the card.

Steven R. Covey talks about mission statements in, I think, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (or at least in a workbook of his I used). It takes time and effort, but defining that will well be worth it for you and also with those whom you want to do business, to understand what you're all about.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th March 2012, 01:38 AM   #12
ilovemedia

I like the revised version a lot better than the first, but I feel like itís too plain and boring. Is there another more creative way you could display it? Iím going to assume you sell sports cards, like baseball cards, right? Could you maybe do the business card up to look like a baseball card? I think it would stand out more and seem more unique that way.

Old 1st April 2012, 12:33 AM   #13
bbsportscards

Thank you guys for the ideas. I'm sorry I haven't been back for a while, but those are all great suggestions. At this point, I'm waiting till I need to reorder but it's something I will definitely take a look at!

Thanks!

bbsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:45 AM   #14
chinlee

Hey Brady, Good job on the card. Although if you are looking for some critiques here are some. It's a tricky thing to do, I've read on some research that people respond well with the "black and white" theme for these things, also you'd have to have a great line on there to get people interested or else it's just a calling card to the dot.

Don't be afraid to be unique, some people may like it, some people might not but at the end of the day it's the place you want to be in.

Old 3rd April 2012, 09:55 AM   #15
MsLauren87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinlee View Post
Don't be afraid to be unique, some people may like it, some people might not but at the end of the day it's the place you want to be in.
As uniqueness goes, since you're in the business of sports cards, why not create a sport card business card, seems like the perfect opportunity to show off if not promote the type of work you do?

MsLauren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 07:20 PM   #16
bizmaverick

Smile

From my myopic point of view, the revised card is much souped up since it meets some surefire tips on how one creates an effective business card such as having a sophisticated way of disseminating information, presenting goal/s, providing an extra ordinary lead-generating tool.

bizmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 10:27 PM   #17
bizmaverick

The revised card looks better but I suggest you use any light color for the text "SPORTSBUY.com", specifically for the "Sports" and ".com". You have to give it an emphasis.

Good luck!

Old 14th April 2012, 01:32 AM   #18
Creative Pile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsportscards View Post
thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated! here is a revised version...let me know how this one compares to the previous one???

Thanks!

Hi everyone, Im a little late on this one but I would like to give my input. It would be easier on the eyes to match the typeface on the logo to your title. Is the designer also Designing the logo? If he is then I would have him maybe replace the fake chrome with a real photo of chrome with some editing to make it look realistic. And maybe it would be good to play with the letters from your title. The type used looks like a very generic typface. The letters in your logo say a lot about your company. try to have him customize the letters a bit.

Good luck!

Creative Pile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 09:40 PM   #19
ExecutiveJ

I completely agree with the new logo being much better. I especially agree with the need to change the email address. if you check with your domain hosting plan you can almost always add an email account to your domain name. Even if it's a few bucks more, it makes all of the difference.

I also agree with the typeface. The logo is great, and clearly designed by someone who knows what they are doing, but the font seems kind of generic. The whole thing does not need to be fancy, but the company name could stand out a bit more.

Other than those it's a pretty sweet design.

ExecutiveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 11:33 AM   #20
bizmaverick

I love the second business card. Can you use metallic (gold) shade instead of the yellow font to give it a more modern feel?