Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd May 2012, 12:49 PM   #1
QACTyler

Default Fun FB Poll Ideas?

I'm trying to get some more friendly conversation between customers on our FB site. However, you can't tag people in posts or send direct messages. So I'm trying to come up with ideas to post fun questions or polls to try and draw in peoples attention. Any ideas?

QACTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd May 2012, 06:04 PM   #2
ChrissyBiz

Send a message via Skype™ to ChrissyBiz

In my experience personally and for clients, you have to build rapport with the fans first. Depending on your subject matter, post a funny photo and ask a probing questing that requires more than a like. You can see how much people are interacting by viewing the insights -- even if they don't respond. It may take a while before they want to talk but keep talking, they're listening 😊

I have severely slacked on my own page but have seen great success with clients' pages growing and click thrus with contests and coupon codes, etc.

Good luck!

Old 4th May 2012, 02:08 AM   #3
TylerDurden49

Thumbs up

Creating a Poll is a very brilliant idea if you've a lot of users attached to your Facebook account. I myself get numerous responses from users I've not added from a poll. It would be nice if someone share their ideas about creating a responsive poll.

Old 9th May 2012, 06:54 PM   #4
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

I think you guys are talking about Ask A Question option in Facebook. I find this one great, most specially in the day it was released. All of the people really tries to do their poll.

"Just Reminiscing"

Old 10th May 2012, 10:52 AM   #5
QACTyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemorrise View Post
I think you guys are talking about Ask A Question option in Facebook. I find this one great, most specially in the day it was released. All of the people really tries to do their poll.

"Just Reminiscing"
Quite possibly. I've only ever used facebook for personal until this year. I never really explored all of it's potential options and am still a little lost about what all it has to offer. So assuming that yes, we are talking abour the Ask A Question, what would be some ideas of engaging questions to ask?

QACTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 03:50 AM   #6
rachelmorgan

Smile

This is really great idea. Creating question pools, trivia, fun trivia brings you closer to the people who require your website, products, and line of business the most.

rachelmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 02:19 PM   #7
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QACTyler View Post
Quite possibly. I've only ever used facebook for personal until this year. I never really explored all of it's potential options and am still a little lost about what all it has to offer. So assuming that yes, we are talking abour the Ask A Question, what would be some ideas of engaging questions to ask?

Uhhm.. It sounds that it is not the one you are talking about, but then
Quote:
what would be some ideas of engaging questions to ask?
The idea of Facebook: Ask a Question is like a survey.. You will ask Question, and you can provide answers for them to choose from, and the respondent can contribute other poll answers to choose from as well. It find it so interactive most specially if the poll is about Hot Topic News that happens or will happened soon. It will be popular as soon as your friend answer the question and the friend of friend had also answer the poll, it will soon shared around the world in that case.

By the way for those marketers: If it will be shared to everyone, You can surely easily able them to like your page or add you as a friend as time goes by.

Old 18th May 2012, 11:09 PM   #8
bizmaverick

Many facebook users love contests that showcase their photos or anything personal to them. A competition of the wackiest photo would be fun.

bizmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Jim Collins

I noticed that more and more facebook users are using the site less. They also participate in less conversations and would probably ignore any pool or request to join and like.

The volume of requests is becoming quite high and discouraging. Let's also not forget that most people use these sites as a novelty, after a while the get less interested.

Jim Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 11:05 AM   #10
enterprisepe

How about starting a poll about some current news - not too controversial and ideally something related to your business field.

enterprisepe is offline   Reply With Quote