Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd October 2010, 02:40 AM   #21
hdm
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
You can't touch, taste, or smell e-mail. Millions of consumers enjoy receiving direct mail for the tangible experience alone.

David Jackson
I totally agree, David. The presentation of an email will never have the same impact as sending your compelling marketing message by direct mail.

Old 23rd October 2010, 02:49 AM   #22
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

I agree whole heartedly, if I can feel it in my hands I'm much more likely to pay attention, and the better quality the paper stock, fancier the design etc the more attention I pay.

I definitely don't think direct mailing is dead, but with that said I still have to add that email marketing is infinitely cheaper, so if you are going to spend the money make sure to take the time to test, and track your results before launching that major campaign, direct marketing done wrong is a disaster for small businesses.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 01:28 AM   #23
samson smith

There are many companies that use eddm service to promote the business. EDDM serviceis is low cost service and give the better result.

samson smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 01:37 AM   #24
BoBo_184

direct mail is not dead. we are always curious about what's inside an envelope. The fact that someone has bothered to pay for the production and delivery of the letter makes it worth checking. i've kept some of the leaflets and coupons if it's for products that interest me but a lot of them do end up in the bin.

I think it's not the success rate that is the issue, it's the cost. email marketing is probably a lot less effective but the fact that emails are free gives it a big edge over direct mail.

BoBo_184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 06:32 AM   #25
barbaragriffith

Direct Mail is not really dead. A lot of people still prefer getting mail and going through the subject if it interests the them. The only reason it is not as active as it used to be is because of the high postage cost, time consumed, wastage of paper, no assurance of precise delivery time, no assurance of the recipient receiving it. All these issues become more of a hassle so people do not prefer it these days when other options are widely available.

barbaragriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 11:39 AM   #26
hdm
VIP Contributor

The mere fact that a lot of marketers are communicating online makes direct mail stand out. There is not so much competition arriving in peoples' letterboxes.

Old 10th April 2012, 05:33 PM   #27
SimplyCritical

Are there any credible stats that prove how successful direct mail is in getting sales? I see lots of stats that show how many click throughs that direct mail generates, but theres a big difference between a click through and a sale!

Old 17th April 2012, 01:32 AM   #28
barbaragriffith

Direct mails depends mainly on the type of business. People need to explore for their business that whether or not direct mail works.

There are many softwares which can trigger millions of mails for you. Those may not be expensive but still I suggest not to buy. Get those software on lease try out, if works then buy it, if not forget it.

barbaragriffith is offline   Reply With Quote