Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2012, 09:36 AM   #21
shellyf

It's good to use a variety of link building strategies. Articles, Directories, and link exchanges are all good ways to build links.

Yahoo answers is great for my niche. I can always find questions that are easy to answer and post a link to my site.

It is fun and rewarding to help people who are searching for answers and build traffic at the same time.

My site gets 1200 uvs a day thanks to a combination of good content, link building and helpful tools at SBI.

shellyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:47 PM   #22
MargSpencer

As what most people have already stated, creating backlinks to drive more traffic is never easy. There are some automated ways to do this but the best links are deemed with quality. To do that, you have to create these backlinks manually. You can post them to social networking sites, directories, blog comments, article posts, and many others.

MargSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 08:51 AM   #23
printnstyle

Everyone has posted some helpful tips, most of which I can agree with. I found the best use out of doing links in guest blogs and blog comments. As long as your comments are actually related to the topic and not spammy I found that they can help generate traffic.

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 02:24 AM   #24
jany367

Currently i think Guest Blogging and Unique article postion in quality sites and Forum is good way to increase back link. Beware of New Google Over optimization while building backlinks

jany367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2012, 03:05 PM   #25
StaceyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCChris View Post
In terms of SEO, links that you create (such as in forum posts) are not very valuable. In fact, many sites will actually tell search engine spiders not to follow those non-editorial links. However, they can drive traffic to your site which in turn will hopefully increase your editorial links. I wouldn't bother too much with directories etc. because search engines don't think they're valuable and people don't visit them. The #1 thing you can do, as others have mentioned, is ensure that your website delivers value. Then, create some well targeted self-created links, and contact other websites to see if they'll mention yours in a post or if you can do some sort of link exchange.

I hope this helps.
This.

Like HCChris said, a lot of forum posts/blog comments are listed as "nofollow", meaning that in terms of SERP listings, it has zero effect. However, if it's on the right page (say, you sell photo frames and someone comments/places a link in a photography forum) you'll get more traffic because of pure interest, and the increase in traffic should ultimately help boost your ranking.

If you ask for links, be professional yet personable. Address the person by name and show that you've actually looked at their website so they know you really mean business. This will increase your odds of getting a link!

StaceyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 03:08 AM   #26
saovietxulynuoc

Default To increase links

There are lots of ways to increase links. But the quality links are prefer than quantity. In addition increasing links must be in co-ordinate with updating and creating new content in site

saovietxulynuoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 04:11 AM   #27
Annabelle1

Send a message via Skype™ to Annabelle1

Combine this:

search engine submission
social bookmarking
article submission
video submission
forum posting

Definitely works.

Annabelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:54 AM   #28
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

I hope everyone is aware about the Updates made by Google.

Link building/Optimization is Good. (but don't try to overly do this things)
Social Media Platform is Also Good. (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.)

All of websites effort is Good. The thing that we must equip in doing those kind of stuffs are No Overly using, Just be yourself and Relevant and Unique Contents.

Wayne.

Old 26th June 2012, 03:29 PM   #29
SashaMike

Simple way is to posting on forums,blogs etc. But when search engines calculate the relevance of a site to a keyword, they consider the number of QUALITY back links to that site. So qulaity backlinks are essential to increase links.

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 10:13 PM   #30
ChrisLeads

I agree to you numeric, I also do backlinks manually for my sites.

ChrisLeads is offline   Reply With Quote