Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd January 2012, 07:26 AM   #1
mocuenco

Arrow Sending Newsletter / Helpdesk

How many of you use newsletter as marketing campaign.
Because I hate receiving those newsletter. Do you even open them.

Well I have a online business right now and been thinking to start a newsletter campaign. But I do not know what software to use. I'm looking for something free. . , and I hope to find a business software that has CRM also.

And may be helpdesk. Its been hard maintaining a online chat as I have to be online 24x7. or hire someone to do it. My business is still not that big.

A web base software will be great as I not always in front of my desk.

I hope someone can help me with this.

mocuenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:52 AM   #2
bkscbookkeeper

Default Sending Newsletter / Helpdesk

We've used Zoho CRM in the past. They have a free version which includes a basic helpdesk/case management.

Also, have a look at Doorbell - getdoorbell.com. Let us know if you find anything else useful.

bkscbookkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Terry Payne

It's interesting that you hate receiving newsletters, but yet want to bestow them upon your current or potential consumers. Why should they feel any different about your newletter than you feel about those you receive?

Don't start your campaign until you can answer that question. Newsletters do work if opted-in and managed properly. Check out Comm100.

Terry Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 11:16 AM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Terry raises an excellent point.

If all you're going to do is "market" though your newsletter, then likely yours will also be one of those that very few people open. You know, the like the ones you say you "hate receiving."

Make it interesting and informative, with "marketing" in the background, and you're much more likely to find success (and readers/subscribers). Don't forget, it's not just about finding a free or low-cost email provider. Your time is also important. If you're spending time creating a newsletter that nobody reads, you're throwing away one of your most valuable (and non-renewable) resources. Once time is wasted, you can't ever get it back.

There are many email service providers that allow a free account until you get a certain number of subscribers or send a certain number of emails per month. You only have to pay if you go over the free account limit. A quick search in Google should turn up a whole bunch.

For CRM and trouble tickets, you may want to look at freeCRM.com. It offers a free option, and you can upgrade to other plans that offer more features/support as your business expands. If you do a little basic searching, you can find several other options if this doesn't work for you.

--Torka

Old 7th March 2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Louise Mandar

mocuenco,
I'm also contemplating starting a newsletter and I say if you want to use a newsletter to stay in touch with your clients and build a relationship, then GREAT!

I have tons of so-called "newsletters" that I also send straight to the trash, but that's because they don't provide anything of value. They aren't even real newsletters. More accurately, they are a junk mail, advertisements.

But then I have many that I do open and read. They actually provide me with intelligent valuable information or sales. For instance, I order some of my office products online from a specific company. I often open their emails to see what's on special. They have sales so frequently, that I may just need something that's being offered at a reduced price.

I also have interesting newsletters on business and online marketing that I open. These are professional and offer solid information, not the latest Get Rich blueprint. I also open newsletters from marketers I've purchased excellent products from in the past.

I guess the questions are how will you be providing value to your customer or prospect? How will you make it so they do open it and want to read more? If you're just doing it to get traffic and make sales, then I'm sure they'll end-up in the trash. But if are actually helping the readers out, entertaining them, giving them what they want...you have to remember, there are people out there who need what you have to offer.

Louise Mandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 08:47 AM   #6
KateStevensB

One thing to remember when sending newsletters, structure your message properly. People are eager to know what special is stored for them. Hence, when your message includes benefits, solutions to problems, legitimate news, and special offers easily you can increase sales for the existing product. Further, you will be able to easily introduce new products also.

KateStevensB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 06:48 AM   #7
ilovemedia

Default RE: Sending Newsletter / Helpdesk

Social media marketing does indeed work, but you can't delude yourself into thinking that you can try a hand at it and it would turn out perfectly the first time around. There is a right way of doing things, and if you donít exert the effort to find this out, it will not work for you. You can start by understanding the basic differences between and the basic concepts behind each of the social media sites like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. A good understanding is key to a successful social media marketing.

Old 15th March 2012, 12:14 PM   #8
John Tabita

I feel the same way. I'm always subscribing to newsletter topics that interest me, but my inbox is so cluttered, I rarely read any of them.

Here's a novel thought: mail a printed newsletter.

Back when email marketing was all the rage, I knew my email newsletter had little chance of being read, so I mailed a quarterly one-page, double-sided print newsletter to all my clients and prospects.

One of them was an attorney who ran a non-profit organization for whom we'd build a pro-bono website. I'll never forget the day he called, wanting to meet with me to discuss building a site for his firm. When I answered the phone, he began with, "I got your newsletter in the mail..."

With email, it's easy to hit the 'delete' button without really knowing who it's from. With a printed version, even if they didn't read it, at least they saw my business name and logo plastered across the top on its way to the trash...

BTW, that one job probably paid for 3 years worth of printing and postage costs.

John Tabita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 04:09 AM   #9
printchesco

I think newsletters are better off used as a motivational tool for employees rather than as a marketing tool. However, that doesn't mean it can't be successfully implemented for the latter. You just have to employ the right tactics.

printchesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply    Wordtracker Customers Get More Visits to their Websites... Find Out How!