Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th December 2011, 01:20 AM   #21
shah123456

Default Social Media Marketing

Its good presentation, But it has lot more to explain how all the things are working,

Today, SEO as well SMO are both important for business promotion but the mot important thing is that what we are presenting and what media we are targeting. In more clear words, who are our customers and in what manner we are presenting the things, like it may be a Advertisement banner, a story board, a presentation, an interview, a case study or anything else.

Eg: If i am dealing in heavy miniseries then Facebook and Twitter will not work for me. I have to focus on those media from which i could get interested visitors.

SMO is very helpful in promoting Consumer Goods, because it provide a good platform to express views.

"Please Comment"

shah123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th December 2011, 03:47 PM   #22
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebBizIdeas.com View Post
Hi,

Many posts I read about social media marketing explain the importance of social media marketing, talk about celebrities that use social media marketing, and give examples of popular people & websites that use social media marketing effectively. But how can an average Small Business Owner use social media marketing effectively?

I created this images to show how social media marketing should work for an average small business owner:

Step 1: Create & publish relevant content, or link bait that links back to internal pages of your site.

Step 2: Influence aggregators & distributors of information to link to your useful content.

Step 3:
Convince socializers to inform their large network of social media users about this great resource he/she just found.

Remember, you want to influence the influencers, not they try to become the influencer overnight. Too many companies fall into the trap on trying to build 1,000's of "friends" on social media sites instead of influencing the already popular social media users.

There is nothing wrong with becoming a popular social media users (like I am sure small business brief is) but trying to become that overnight does not work for most internet business owners. So an easy way to use social media marketing no is to create great content and get it into the hands of social media users.

Learn More: Improve Search Engine Rankings - Influence Aggregators & Distributors

Thank you for posting this Info-graphics. It gives me the best information that I'm really seeking for my Social network. Great job!

Old 23rd February 2012, 03:42 PM   #23
iamlegend

Wow, what a useful and informative post! Thank you! I have recently become more interested in this matter and trying to help out some friends' businesses. I'll be sure to pass this along. The power of social media is crazy!

iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:43 AM   #24
TylerDurden49

Although this post is 3 years old but it did added a bunch of social media knowledge into my knowledge base. The image WebBizIdeas.com used says it all very clearly.

Old 4th April 2012, 09:07 AM   #25
enterprisepe

Hi really interesting stuff, please could you elaborate a bit more about how to get the 'right type' of 'influencer', with the 'type' of following' that you would be interested in marketing to. As that is key to increasing traffic to your site!

enterprisepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 02:22 AM   #26
printchesco

I've read somewhere that social media marketing doesn’t have to be complicated to be effective. Social media marketing has been defined so many times, in so many ways that the definition itself has become so complex. This graphics pretty much simplified what social marketing really is and how to do it effectively. Nice work.

printchesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 06:34 PM   #27
kpc1280

Thank you so much! I didn't think it was possible for me to learn so much from reading one post. I understand SMO a lot better now. It really is a fascinating topic, worth studying more.

kpc1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 02:48 AM   #28
Allen Brayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebBizIdeas.com View Post
There is nothing wrong with becoming a popular social media users (like I am sure small business brief is) but trying to become that overnight does not work for most internet business owners. So an easy way to use social media marketing no is to create great content and get it into the hands of social media users.

Learn More: Improve Search Engine Rankings - Influence Aggregators & Distributors
Totally agree, you won't get results over night, you need to stay persistent for that

Allen Brayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 04:15 PM   #29
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

I think if someone wants to know what is Social Media Marketing then this post and its replies would be perfect source. To present something in social media platforms is really different but this thread can help a lot.

Old 8th August 2012, 05:00 AM   #30
shah123456

Default SMO for small business

I think i have seen your image before, SMO is something that should be done very carefully. Actually famous people or brand names are already popular and they do not need to come up. Everybody knows about them and if they have any update or event SMO allows them to connect to the General Public and increase their popularity. So SMO is basically working for brand Names but yes you can also work on it for your own promotion, but In a common man view i do not rely upon all thing on net that come in front of me rather i will search for brand name. Also while promoting your business or service you should know that at which social media platform you can get your target audience.

While making real profits you have to work hard on your social media profile to gain quality followers that are really interested in your business.

But yes Social media platform hep you to connect to Quality resource and awareness to changing trend in businesses, mainly it happens that local area people are more interested in hiring reliable nearby companies and it is a situation where your SMO could really work provide you good business.

You can also focus on MLM and Viral marketing tricks it is a type of offline SMO that could really work for you. But you can implement it Online also.

Decision is yours now, i think i have written well to explain you all situations

shah123456 is offline   Reply With Quote