View Single Post
Old 14th December 2007, 01:11 AM   #5
Ravedesigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTycoon View Post
I deal with IT every day, currently I rate Dell as a great vendor, if you consider price, availability and support, there are no Vendors that come close. Thats if you are after a windows based PC..

If you are after a Mac.. then thats a different game altogether, what is your application going to be? Whats your budget?
Ditto that - it would help to know just what you want to do with your computer, what programs you need access to and if you already have any of them or not.

If you already have many windows programs you'll probably want to stay with a PC and while I've had my problems with Dell in the past, I think just about any of the major players (Dell, HP/Compaw, Toshiba, Acer, Sony, Lenovo) will be fine for you.

If you don't already have lots of programs for your PC already, you may want to consider a MAC instead. I've used PCs for years and just got a MacBook with my new job about a year ago, and I have to say it's one of the best built and best functioning computers I've ever owned. If you don't need the software that it comes with you can buy a windows machine with similar hardware specs for less - but considering that MACs tend to hold their value better over time - a PC may end up costing you more in the long run.

Oh, and forget what I said about running windows programs above, as you can run both MAC and Windows together on your MAC now. You just need a copy of WinXP which can be found for about $100 for the OEM version

Cheers,

Steve