View Single Post
Old 29th June 2010, 04:00 PM   #5
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Have you verified that search engines have actually indexed the new page content?? That is, have you checked using the 'site:yourdomain.com' in the search box to see the date of the last cache?? Although you may have added the content a while ago, search may not have indexed it yet. Their cache may still be the old page.

Also, I agree with oneplace:
Quote:
Often when new content has been created and/or updated, the search engines see the difference and reduce that page's rankings because it's not relevant for the same phrases anymore. You'll have to wait a few weeks to a couple months to see increases in the rankings for town2 with new content.
I know many times when I update content or 'tweek' page titles, etc., the effects take some time to actually happen.

One other issue... how many terms/phrases are you targeting per page? I try to limit them to 3 although they are usually pretty similar. Remember, if your title & meta description are not relevant to page content, then your search rank in organic search is going to fall.

I hope this helps!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote