View Single Post
Old 11th May 2007, 11:09 AM   #21
gillianm

Quote:
Originally Posted by colintheriot View Post
I'm experimenting with Social Networking for my new art blog. I have WordPress with the Socializer plugin. I actually bookmark my own posts to the most popular sites, and I haven't had anything snowball yet (I'm usually the only person who votes on it) I'm getting double-digit numbers of hits from these social sites. Since my blog is designed to be sticky (daily content) I am hoping that the people I pull in from the social sites will come back, and start voting the content in themselves.

Still, I'm new to the process. Am I doing it right? Is that a reasonable expectation?
I've been doing a lot of reading on submitting articles to places like Digg and it seems that many of the users don't like people using the site for his/her own advertising purposes. Unless you are an excellent writer and write exceptionally interesting articles, you are better off starting out by posting articles NOT written by you as well. Basically, you want to start to build a fan base and you won't be able to do this if everyone thinks you're just there to get traffic to your site. The more "friends" (or followers) you have on Digg, the more likely you are to make it to the top page.

gillianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.