View Single Post
Old 13th August 2008, 05:16 PM   #1
BusinessBurrito

Default Why Radio Is A Great Small Business Resource.

As someone who has worked on the creative end of advertising for 24 years, I can tell you that radio is absolutely one of my favorite mediums.

Why? Because radio truly is the “theater of the mind.” Radio uses voices, music and sound effects (sfx) to create moods and images that spark the imagination in a much different way than print or television ads.

With radio, the possibilities are endless.

Advertise on radio, and you have the opportunity to deliver a powerful message to a specific group of listeners. Radio stations know exactly who their audiences are, so if know who your customers are, then radio gives you the perfect opportunity to reach them. Find the station with your demographic, get a sales rep who will partner with you, and get ready to mine for gold.

Another great thing about radio is that it’s everywhere. At home, in the car, at the office, at the ballpark…wherever your customer is, radio isn’t far behind. It is a truly mobile medium and goes where you do.

And have you ever noticed how loyal radio listeners are to their station? Seriously loyal. Bordering on fanatical loyal. Mention a popular radio station’s call letters in a group of people and you will inevitably hear someone say “Oh, I love that station! I listen to them all the time!”

Radio stations are also about community involvement. Whether it’s performing a live remote at the grand opening of the new car dealership, or sponsoring a local charity event, no other medium touches consumers quite the same way radio can.

In conclusion, here are a few quick facts about radio you can use to impress your friends and family.
• Radio’s return on investment (ROI) is much higher (some studies say as high as 49%!) than television’s ROI. Much of this can be attributed to the fact that television is much more expensive to produce and run than radio, so the money you spend to produce and run radio is much lower.
• 96% of people who drive or ride in a car use the radio.
• In-car radio listening averages two hours and 12 minutes weekdays, and two hours and five minutes on weekends.
• 43% of drivers leave their car radios set to one station.
• There are over 600 million radios in use in the U.S.
• There are 5.6 radios per U.S. household.
• There are over 13,500 registered radio stations in the U.S.

Radio is everywhere! And in my opinion, if you want the most bang for your advertising buck, radio is one of your best resources.

BusinessBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.