View Single Post
Old 1st September 2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Russell Allert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianflynn View Post
Hi fellow forum members. I think we could maximize the use of our Social Media sites if we could exchange likes and follow each other.

Please post your Facebook Page and Twitter URL. And if you have a LinkedIN account please do post also

Thanks in advance
Hi Julian

I hope this doesn't come off as too harsh, but while this may seem like a good way to boost your social media numbers, I really don't think this is a good idea.

The main reason I say this is that it totally lacks what you should be striving for: engagement.

While you may boost your numbers slightly, those who like you just to receive a reciprical like, will be hollow followers and probably have very little on-going interest or engagement with you or your page. And real engagement is what you should be striving for.

The reason you want someone to like or follow you is they find a compelling reason to do so - they see true merrit in your product/service, think you could be useful to them, they find the content you are providing exceptional, or other compelling reason.

Not just because they will get a like or follow in return.

A better way to go is to provide outstanding content and advice (for free) and make yourself useful, even indespensable. That's how you get engaged fans.

Looking forward to finding out more about you and what you do.

Russell Allert