View Single Post
Old 15th August 2010, 01:15 AM   #18
jetfuelcreative

Organic SEM and CPC SEM are equally as important.

One of the most important things you can do as a business owner is focus on saturation. And I don't mean keyword saturation. I'm referring to saturation of marketing techniques.

You need to be able to hit your target audiences from multiple avenues at once and continue to reach them as often as possible, as you never know when they might be in need of your products and/or services.

That said, the best way to lower your CPC is to focus on more streamlined keyword combinations. Think like your client would think.

For example, if I own a website design firm in say, Dallas, Texas, I wouldn't want to run a CPC campaign based solely on "web design"

In fact, I would much rather target my keyword combinations to where they not only focus on my location, but they focus on my particular niche in the industry as well. You can also prequalify your leads even further, as someone searching for "website design dallas" may only be searching for examples of other websites in the area. Instead, something along the lines of "hire website design company dallas" could prove more worthwhile in the long run. While you may see less impressions, the goal is to make sure the impressions that DO occur turn into clicks, which turn into leads, which turn into clients, which turn into lasting business relationships.

Good luck!

jetfuelcreative is offline   Reply With Quote