Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Link Development (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   PHP Or Wordpress (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67404)

finchdatasoft 1st February 2015 01:56 AM

PHP Or Wordpress

PHP or Wordpress, which is the best ?

fairdoes 1st February 2015 12:32 PM

WordPress IS PHP! It also uses MySQL to store data.

If you are keen to learn software and develop websites, then both are very useful.

Recommended books for both have been discussed before here:

PHP and WordPress (and html)

DennisChang 2nd February 2015 04:47 AM

How do you define "best"? It depends on your objectives. Wordpress is a blogging platform that is easy to setup and does not require any programming skills. It is suitable if you want to create a simple website with blog component.

PHP is a server-side scripting language. It involves coding and has a range of third party libraries and frameworks. It gives you more control to perform complex tasks.

If you are not familiar with programming and want to setup your website fast, you can use wordpress first, and then learn how to write php codes into your wordpress website to do more complex stuffs.

kakesi 4th March 2015 09:39 AM

I would say WordPress is the way to go if you're unsure about PHP. YOu don't need any prior knowledge to build a website. I made mine with a template and it looks pretty good for someone with no HTML knowledge (or next to none). ;)

kdaniel171 28th March 2015 11:32 AM

Wordpress is the best! It's already established, has a good reputation, has lots of plug-ins that will help you build your blog or website and more. It's also very easy to use.

FasterBiz 14th April 2015 07:41 AM

Depends on Your Needs

If you're a developer and need something unique, then go with PHP. Otherwise, WordPress will often do just fine. You can also use a mix where many pages are WordPress and app type pages are in PHP.

As others have said, Wordpress is written in PHP. The better question here is whether to use a commercial content management system or build something yourself. I'd suggest Wordpress for most uses because it will save time and work, but if your needs are too unique, it might be worth building something proprietary.

Lillian Vega 8th July 2015 04:22 AM

Depends on what you do

wordpress is cms which is based-in php if you are a designer or want to build your blog quikly I advise to use wordpress but if you want to build a high performance web-applications use php frameworks such as yii, laravel and etc.

Brayo101 10th July 2015 05:23 PM

I was in the same dilemma a few months ago. I wanted to make my own website so i chose WordPress as my CMS. After my site was up and running, i was curious how WordPress runs under the hood so i had to learn PHP to understand how WordPress and other CMSs work and function. In short use WordPress to make a website but learn PHP if you want to make your own web applications like WordPress, Blogger, Gmail and others.

erikathomson 11th July 2015 05:32 AM

Basic difference between WP and PHP

WordPress is a content management system where in the content for your website is managed and PHP is a server-side scripting language that is suited for web development and can be embedded in HTML. A lot of WordPress is written in PHP.

matthew86 11th July 2015 02:43 PM

It depends on situation. But to me, Wordpress is the best as it's quite easy to use.