Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Too Many Blog Posts Too Fast? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51441)

mktgbiz 16th June 2012 07:42 AM

Too Many Blog Posts Too Fast?

I'm wondering......is there some sort of blogoshere referree who will penalize you for too many blog posts in too short of a time frame?

I've never been flagged......just curious?

Jim Collins 16th June 2012 11:19 AM

Are speaking in general terms, this forum, or another specific forum?

It depends on the content, quality and relevancy.

I guess if you have never been flagged, there shouldn't be a problem :thumbsup2

waynemorrise 26th June 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Collins (Post 171492)
Are speaking in general terms, this forum, or another specific forum?

It depends on the content, quality and relevancy.

I guess if you have never been flagged, there shouldn't be a problem :thumbsup2

Agree, but I'm pretty much sure about the quality of contents that you are producing.

About the penalize thing you've asking mktgbiz, is this a penalization of the blogging site you are in to(Hosting etc.) or Google?

mktgbiz 26th June 2012 06:45 PM

No, there's no real penalty.....I was just playin' with the word.

torka 27th June 2012 11:29 AM

A blog is just a website, like any other website. News organizations' websites get updated potentially hundreds of times a day with breaking news and follow up stories (and some of them actually use software like WordPress to run their sites) and none of them get penalized.

It all comes down to quality, not quantity.

If you're posting crap (scraped text, thin content, nonsensical "spun" articles), then you'll probably get dinged eventually even if you only post once a week.

If you're posting useful, informative, originally-written content, you can post every five minutes and it isn't going to hurt you.

--Torka :iratep:

ebizjh 27th June 2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torka (Post 172151)
A blog is just a website, like any other website. News organizations' websites get updated potentially hundreds of times a day with breaking news and follow up stories (and some of them actually use software like WordPress to run their sites) and none of them get penalized.

It all comes down to quality, not quantity.

If you're posting crap (scraped text, thin content, nonsensical "spun" articles), then you'll probably get dinged eventually even if you only post once a week.

If you're posting useful, informative, originally-written content, you can post every five minutes and it isn't going to hurt you.

--Torka :iratep:

They say the more you post on your blog - the better it is for the search engines.

waynemorrise 27th June 2012 03:04 PM

Agree with Torka.

Kevin Smtih 28th June 2012 05:03 AM

If you follow all the rule and regulation which is described by Google then you forget penalize because if you do proper work then why will search engines penalize you?

mktgbiz 28th June 2012 10:46 AM

Let's forget I used the word penalize.....I was just being flippant.

:welcome2:

printnstyle 2nd July 2012 06:28 PM

Well, there's a difference between updating and spamming. By posting too frequently in your blog, you may lose a considerable number of audience. That has always been the rule in social media: update, do not spam. Also, it is easy for a search engine to know if your sole purpose in blogging is building backlinks. In that case, your links may get deindexed.