Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ecommerce (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What Is The Best Ecommerce Platfrom For Creating Online Stores? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70093)

afreeusername 2nd September 2015 12:54 AM

What Is The Best Ecommerce Platfrom For Creating Online Stores?

Hi friends!

I plan to open an online store. Can you please suggest ecommerce platforms that you think do well their job?

Thank you.

torka 2nd September 2015 02:30 PM

That depends. What are you selling? Is it stuff you have in stock or are you drop shipping? Do you need your store software to interface with any other business systems (i.e. inventory, accounting, etc.)? What is your budget? What is your level of technical expertise?

There's no way to give you a meaningful answer without a lot more information. People can recommend the store software they've used and liked, but if their circumstances are radically different from yours, that recommendation doesn't mean the software will work for you in your situation.

--Torka :iratep:

RobertG 2nd September 2015 03:11 PM

I second what Torka said. There's a huge variety of systems out there. There's no one best solution, because different systems are best in different situations.

A few things:
  • Are you selling virtual goods (software, ebooks, etc), or something physical?
  • What countries/languages/currencies are you going to be dealing with?
  • Does the site have to look visually unique (some online ecommerce platforms create sites with a cookie-cutter look and feel)?

And, of course as Torka said it's important to know your level of technical expertise and your budget. Some systems are simple enough that you can do it yourself, others you'll probably want to avoid unless you're willing to pay someone to set it up for you. You can hire someone on outsourcing sites like upWork if you decide to go that route, but be aware that since different developers have different skills, you need to decide on a platform before you start looking to hire anyone.

ladmeenakshi01 9th September 2015 12:25 AM

Best Ecommerce Platform for Creating Online Stores

Hi,
One of the most important aspects of creating a successful online store is having a great design. There are some best eCommerce platform for creating online stores.

Shopify
Magento
Opencart
Virtuemart and more

Mike91 17th December 2015 07:04 AM

Shopify for offline products, JVzoo for virtual goods.

If you are planning to sell products that requires shipping, I would suggest Shopify (I can get you a good deal from shopify,).

Or else

Use JVzoo, they have a huuuuuuuge customer base. Their email marketing, WORKS!!!

AK Sharma 6th January 2016 07:25 AM

If you are considering starting your own online store, here is the list of 5 eCommerce solutions which you may consider for you online business http://www.inc.com/bill-carmody/top-...s-in-2016.html

HCFGrizzly 7th January 2016 06:59 AM

There are plenty of eCommerce solutions out there, but in my opinion, the best one of them is PrestaShop.
I have developed a large number of websites on this platform and I can say that it has all the features you would possibly need. The addons are also cheap or free so you won`t be spending all your bank account on building your website.

carolinnah 8th January 2016 07:34 AM

Hi, it depends on what kinof online store you can launch.. Makesure with it. You can find self hosted and hosted with premade set of ecommerce solution provider. Also some of the famous clone script like fancy clone and wanelo clone. you can try for multivendor script if you want to create a multiple seller based online shopping cart. These were the outline for a ecommerce software suggestion. Hope it helps. good luck

Adam Due 14th June 2016 03:52 AM

Some options i think you can review: OpenCart, PrestaShop, WooCommerce and Magento Community Edition. All of them are pretty easy to set up and use and brings nice experience for you :D

geeksonrepair 21st June 2016 02:15 AM

There are various platforms for build eCommerce store. Shopify, Magneto ,woo-commerce are some best platform .you should try shopify for beginning.