Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pay Per Click Advertising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What Is Alexa? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56837)

noahwilson 4th May 2013 09:27 AM

What Is Alexa?

Hello Guys,
what is Alexa, its only site for know about site ranking or anything more? please share your feedback.
Thanks

yettac 10th May 2013 02:36 AM

Alexa provides ranks to different websites based on their traffic and provide insight about keywords, website popularity over time and so on.

Please note that the data provided by alexa are not perfect and just an estimation. I personally not refer Alexa for decision making.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahwilson (Post 190552)
Hello Guys,
what is Alexa, its only site for know about site ranking or anything more? please share your feedback.
Thanks

PremOutshine 22nd May 2013 11:59 PM

It's a fabulous tool (website) to help you in the ranking of websites. It also tell you the site linking in and keywords which helped to generate the traffic.

panthervision23 23rd May 2013 12:56 AM

It is a site that gets data on websites' traffic. You can use Alexa for analysis.

BeBizsmart 23rd May 2013 10:03 AM

Alexa is a subsidiary of Amazon and yes,they're involved in traffic infor.The latest reports from this year say Alexa provides global rankings,traffic data and other information on 30 million websites and 8 million people visit it monthly.
All you need to do is install it and it will appear in the form of a toolbar on your browser.
If what you are looking for is another similar to Alexa, try out Alexaholic,Statbrain,Statsaholic,Dataopedia or Teqpad.

fairdoes 24th May 2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

If what you are looking for is another similar to Alexa, try out Alexaholic,Statbrain,Statsaholic,Dataopedia or Teqpad.
Which of these do you recommend?

Babiesbase 21st June 2013 11:08 AM

Stats

Quantcast is my favorite but it only works well if the website you are researching is signed up with them.

A lot of the larger sites are.

SashaMike 22nd June 2013 01:53 AM

Its a STONE AGE tool used by newbie or wannabe SEOs in the 2000s for apparent popularity checking. They failed to realize that Alexa only collects / shows stats if their "alexa toolbar" is installed. Otherwise, no stats from users who may be visiting your website but cant get recorded.

Please move on to new tools.

chinlee 6th July 2013 10:02 AM

It's a combination of traffic and SEO rankings for keywords. It's really not that important as most people make it out to be because I see some people getting obsessed about their Alexa but it really doesn't do much, it's much better to focus on your actual SEO campaign.

platnumcn 13th July 2013 08:44 PM

I consider alexa to be one of my favorite applications, which gives a complete access to all the information, which you would need for your website. How it has done since it started, where is it popular and for what is it popular, you would get to know from this website.

You can get a fair idea on your website, once you use this online tool.