Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Tumblr (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32635)

Coffee 22nd April 2010 08:21 AM

Tumblr

I recently signed up for Tumblr but haven't really used it.

Anyone who is using Tumblr, do you like it?

iketz0 28th July 2013 09:59 AM

Tumblr lets you set up and manage a free blog, which the site will host for you (provided you keep "tumblr" in the URL), all through a web portal.

panthervision23 28th July 2013 09:27 PM

Tumblr is a good site; especially for posting images. It has a good reputation in Google, so your Tumblr page has a chance to get indexed fast (but not as fast as you think).

But I prefer WordPress due to its plethora of plug-ins and templates. But this doesn't mean to say you should abandon Tumblr. Tumblr won't be popular if they are fewer subscribers in it.

PatprecisionE 5th August 2013 08:34 AM

I've always heard good things about Tumblr but never used it either. How does it differ from Wordpress or BLogspot?

SusanBrown 19th August 2013 07:06 AM

Tumblr is a very unique platform that seems to draw the meme crowd pretty strongly. It is also more image-based, as someone above mentioned. Wordpress and Blogger are more suitable for formal, text-based blogs.

cp1980 28th August 2013 05:51 AM

I don't use Tumblr myself, but I've heard a lot of great things about it and now I want to register for it too! :) I've been on a few Tumblr pages that belong to friends and they are pretty awesome! :thumbsup2

carloborja 29th August 2013 05:17 AM

Looks like this thread was bumped.

Anyway, Tumblr's strength lies on their community. The community is mostly young people that create their own language/memes.

Once you adhere to their 'tumblr language' in connection with your brand, it could add to your virality on the site.

sarahjohs 4th October 2013 10:57 PM

Yup! I have been using the service to get my blogs presented there and that, I could also catch up with the other bloggers and creators of various niche. Great to see the active community being built in a refreshing style.

Using Tumblr adds up a value for the promo's too:)

alexloxton 12th November 2013 06:18 AM

Tumbler is a good website and many people use it to promote their business and get some advantages in SERP. You can add images and create your own tumbler blog so you can get more traffic for your business.

RyanTC 13th November 2013 06:05 AM

Tumblr is good...very easy to use...pretty good for link building as well because the domain is authoritative. That being said, they give you free hosting, so if you buy a domain, you can connect it to your Tumblr page so your Tumblr blog has it's own domain like domain.com instead of domain.tumblr.com.