Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Facebook Advertising Secret... (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39981)

DustonMcGroarty 1st April 2011 03:38 PM

Facebook Advertising Secret...

I recently discovered a way to make your Facebook
PPC campaigns more profitable...

Set up your first campaign but instead of select a huge
age range, set up different campaigns for smaller age
ranges, ex. 20-22, 23-25, 26-28, etc.

Also, split this up into men and women. This will help
you find the most profitable targeted area, then you can
ramp it up to rake in the big bucks!

dowson12345 3rd April 2011 08:37 AM

This is your own creation, but have you tried it? Did it work?

DustonMcGroarty 3rd April 2011 08:41 AM

Absolutely it worked!

After the first day (probably sooner but I didn't check) I was able to see which campaign performed the best and immediately I ramped it up and paused the others.

It's always good to continue to test different age groups and when created new ads though. So anytime I create a new ad, I still run this test.

After I narrow the age group down, then I start creating tests with other variables to see which performs better in that group... like the image, title, copy, etc.

lordspace 3rd April 2011 09:44 PM

that's an interesting approach.
what tools do you use to track the effectiveness of your campaign ?

DustonMcGroarty 3rd April 2011 10:12 PM

Microsoft Excel works for me. There are other tracking programs out there but I like simple, easy to use stuff. It doesn't need to be complicated.

lordspace 4th April 2011 11:56 AM

you must be getting the stats from a script so you can put them into excel, right ?

DustonMcGroarty 4th April 2011 03:04 PM

I use HyperTracker to track leads and sales.

I take the stats Facebook provides you with (CPC, CTR, ad spend) and enter them into my spreadsheet then take the stats from Hypertracker (leads or conversions) and enter them in.

I set formulas in the spreadsheet to do the math to see what's performing the best.

lordspace 5th April 2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustonMcGroarty (Post 140068)
I use HyperTracker to track leads and sales.

I take the stats Facebook provides you with (CPC, CTR, ad spend) and enter them into my spreadsheet then take the stats from Hypertracker (leads or conversions) and enter them in.

I set formulas in the spreadsheet to do the math to see what's performing the best.

The design of that HyperTracker looks so '95.
My gut is telling me that it may not be the best tool out there.

BSI 5th April 2011 10:22 AM

I have stayed away from Facebook because there always seemed like more important things to do but if there is a way to advertise and reach your target market more effectively maybe I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

DustonMcGroarty 6th April 2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordspace (Post 140123)
The design of that HyperTracker looks so '95.
My gut is telling me that it may not be the best tool out there.

I felt the same way but it's used by some of the top internet marketers (Ryan Deiss, Russell Brunson, etc.) So far, the statistics have been congruent between clicks shown in Facebook and Hypertracker. Conversion to sale as well.