Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Link Development (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I Am Getting Lots Of Traffic From The Signatures (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68530)

hasnat.csit 21st April 2015 12:12 PM

I Am Getting Lots Of Traffic From The Signatures

Hi everyone, I am getting lots of traffic from the signatures at the forums. Are you using and getting traffic from the signatures at various forums ?

Swaroop1914 21st April 2015 02:18 PM

Nope

No not yet !! Will try nowww

:welcome2:

jeffscott 26th April 2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasnat.csit (Post 227140)
Hi everyone, I am getting lots of traffic from the signatures at the forums. Are you using and getting traffic from the signatures at various forums ?

Can you provide some examples or proof to support your statements and to see that forum signatures can be an effective source of traffic? :welcome2:

janvi 27th April 2015 02:18 AM

no no yet

erikathomson 27th April 2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffscott (Post 227438)
Can you provide some examples or proof to support your statements and to see that forum signatures can be an effective source of traffic? :welcome2:

Agreed with Jeff, can you provide the details how you are getting traffic from signature?

torka 27th April 2015 10:22 AM

I don't necessarily have a problem believing that you're getting traffic from forum signatures, although I, too, would like to see more than just your unsubstantiated word for it. :)

But what makes the difference is: what does this forum signature traffic do after they land on your pages? Does your forum signature traffic convert well?

It's easy for somebody to click on a link they see in a forum signature -- for instance, when you read someone expressing an opinion, you might want to visit their site so you can get a better feel for their overall credibility and credentials before you decide to accept or ignore their post. But for someone who wants to generate conversions, that sort of traffic isn't exactly useful.

So good for you if you're getting traffic from forum signatures! But much more impressive if it's actually desirable well-converting traffic.

--Torka :iratep:

zlass 27th April 2015 12:33 PM

Torka is right. When it comes to business, conversions are a lot more important. If you have 5,000 people coming to your shop and nobody makes a purchase, it's irrelevant traffic. On the other hand, if you had 5 people coming to your shop and 2 of them make purchases, then you know you're doing something right.

I'm not sure if it's intentional but what you're doing is a smart technique albeit it being a bit of a spam technique - by posting and telling people that you're getting a lot of clickthroughs to your forum signature, you've made the forum members curious enough to actually click on your signature link to see what your site is about.

Would love to see the proofs as well if you have them! Cheers!

Nath 27th April 2015 12:59 PM

Agree with torka and zlass. You can have a horse statue on a big town square, where tens of thousands of people walk by and therefore see your horse statue. But what will it do for you? Nothing. The same goes for visitors - if they don't convert, there's no point. And there's a huge difference in traffic quality.

ClarkS88 29th April 2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasnat.csit (Post 227140)

Could you please give the example? I also find new backlink for new site

MichaelXH 4th May 2015 11:10 AM

Yes, conversions are important. No, they don't make traffic irrelevant. You want both. A lack of info on conversions doesn't make a surge in traffic instantly irrelevant.

An otherwise complete lack of context, though, doesn't help us either.