Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Search Engine Marketing Information (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Not Showing Up On Google Page, Need Help. (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37112)

rockroad005 23rd November 2010 11:41 AM

Not Showing Up On Google Page, Need Help.

Guys i need some informations regarding this. I saw some tips on here saying "multi-phrases kewords" can help me index at google place because they are less competitive. So i suggest it to my friend. This friend of mine is working on one site. The website is http://www.amoro.com and she uses multi-phrases keywords like what I've suggest. Here are the keywords "wedding gifts for wedding party, his and hers wedding bands, wedding engagement rings, diamond engagement rings, sterling silver jewelry and many more". In short she uses multi-phrases for her keywords to the idea of lesser competitive keywords. She's working on it for 2months, she just started last September 6, 2010. Until now it was not showing up on google. What we are thinking is that since she's using multi-keyword phrases and less competitive word like "wedding gifts for wedding party" that's not a competitive word, it's too long so how come it's not showing up at all? I would think it would at least show on like page 20 or something though, but it's not even there at all. She uses a lot of multi-keyword phrases like what i put here but even one of them are not showing even on the last page. Considering that it has PR3. I think there's something wrong with this. And by the way she never do any tactics yet such as social bookmarking, social networking, article submission, press release submission, directories and listing submission. She just focusing on forums posting and not doing other seo tactics. The reason behind this because she also has another site and concentrating on forum posting alone and she got shown it on google. The other website, she worked for it only for few months and now it is showing in google just doing forum posting alone and not other seo tactics. She's just thinking that if she made it shown that site in google using forum tactics alone then why she can't be able to do it with amoro.com now with 2months of working with forum posting alone. Please give as a feedback regarding this. We need help and to find out what's really going on. Appreciate it much.

erikfast 24th April 2011 12:57 PM

In my opinion, you need link diversity. Getting backlinks from a single source does not look good to Google.

AndreaC 24th April 2011 07:42 PM

I agree with Erikfast, link diversity is important. I couldn't imagine getting ranked in the SE with only forum links.

When using longtail KWs you still have to do KW research and make sure the phrases you pick are actually being searched for.

Also, it looks like she is trying to rank her site and not the individual pages on the site.

oldbuddy 24th April 2011 11:13 PM

I am far from an SEO expert (or even a beginner for that matter), but I have several top positions on Google for somewhat obscure keywords that I obtained using Social Monkee in a day or two. What I would suggest is that you write articles and post them on YOUR website, then submit them to Social Monkee and see what happens.

Like I said, I tried some that got nowhere and others that hit the top, but I can't tell you exactly why. At least I responded here.

You may ask why I would want to rank for obscure keywords? Simple, I drop hints to encourage people to search for them and it brings me traffic. I frequent one forum for Fusioncash where they don't allow us to post links, but I want to attract people to my blog. So when they ask me how I get so many referrals (I earn more than most people there) I subtly suggest they search for that term. My post hangs around for a long time and continues to attract attention. That's my version of forum marketing.

Lucky Adam 3rd May 2011 12:20 PM

In my personal opinion, it is better to have quality backlinks from the sites where the relevance matters. As my other fellows have already mentioned about the diversity, it should be done only when the relevance is also there.

iqecommerce 5th May 2011 04:43 AM

Try link Wheel process, this will build a good no of backlinks.

IQecommerce.

brithny 11th May 2011 04:07 AM

Put up some quality content and get some back links from relevant decent site, then the ball will be rolling.:P

Terry Payne 30th May 2011 01:30 AM

I believe everybody is telling you the same thing, so I'll jump on board. I took a look at your friend's site and it appears they did a good job optimizing it for keywords. However, I imagine those keywords are competitive.

The thing that jumped out at me is they have absolutely no backlinks. Website optimization alone won't do the job for those phrases. They're going to need a lot of off-page marketing. Articles, press releases, video marketing, etc., with anchor text. It will likely take awhile. If they're concentrated in a specific area, they might include a geographic modifier.

I don't mean to be a downer, but it's going to take some work. I wish you well.

B2Bexpert 1st June 2011 01:28 AM

I have seen your website. I getting the points that may be a reason of poor ranking.

* No quality backlinks
* Link structure in not good
* content is poor
* website's search result isn't SEO friendly

Fix these things and wait for some couple of weeks

jhardy2008 25th August 2011 01:13 AM

try to build natural backlinks