Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ecommerce (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Online Online Payment Method Without Fixed Rate Needed! (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43498)

asd345 5th September 2011 01:05 PM

Online Online Payment Method Without Fixed Rate Needed!

Hey,

right that. Reason: I will get a lot of small payments and so would prefer a payment method that has no fixed price (0,10ct per Euro is way more than 5% each). Online payment is crucial, debit cards, sms are no option.

Does that exist? I looked at: paypal, ebank2pay, sofortüberweisung.de, micropayment.com

Minimum I could find is 0,10ct per transaction. Is less possible?

Thanks!

Teo

BeTheBest 5th September 2011 04:36 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

When you say small payments, how small?? What is it that you're selling?

You need to understand that the companies that process payments have costs related to each payment... no matter how large or small.

Have you tried 2CO (2CheckOut.com) or Gate2Shop (g2s.com)? I have had experience with both.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

asd345 5th September 2011 04:47 PM

Hey,

the sold item is an ad which is put together by various clients who all pay 1€.

thanks for the links but these have too high fees per transaction: 0,30 and 0,45ct. I undestand that they have costs, but to get them via a flatrate or percentage would be better for me.

Thanks!

BeTheBest 5th September 2011 08:11 PM

I understand. From what I have seen, I think they ALL have a per transaction fee. That is going to be a real 'thorn' for you. Sorry I can't give you any better leads.

Logan 5th September 2011 08:36 PM

I'm not familiar with lower than what you have found.

justgowithit 20th September 2011 05:28 PM

Keep in mind that interchange fees are your bottom line. While Visa and MasterCard have small ticket interchange, these rates only apply card-present transactions.

Here are the Visa interchange fees for the US and Europe, for example.

Intra Visa Europe interchange fees
Visa U.S.A. Interchange Reimbursement Fees

The rates/fees listed on these interchange fees are your starting point. Add to them about $0.02 for assessments and your base cost is roughly $0.12 per transaction here in the US.

A merchant service provider's markup will be added to that $0.12. A competitive transaction fee for a card-not-present merchant on an interchange pass through pricing model would be $0.05 -- again, very competitive.

That makes your best case scenario about $0.17 per transaction said and done.

gotlivechat 23rd September 2011 01:54 PM

Unless you're setting up your own processing network, I'm not sure how you're going to get away the average transaction costs. Possible option is to talk w/ processor and see if they'll do a fixed fee per month instead (for x (or less) amount of transactions).