Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Wordpress Vs Blogger (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37290)

MySmallBiz 2nd December 2010 12:48 PM

Wordpress Vs Blogger

Which is better to use?

AlenWayne 3rd December 2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySmallBiz (Post 131834)
Which is better to use?

I choose wordpress. I post via email using WordPress. It takes only a minute and 1 SQL database to create through Fantastico. Or if you're a reseller it is possible to just put Wordpress into your skeleton.

Candice Robins 3rd December 2010 10:20 AM

I haven't spent much time with Blogger, but I didn't get the sense it was as powerful as Wordpress. I see lots of fairly sophisticated websites made with Wordpress as well as more basic blogs. I haven't seen much functionality beyond blogging from Blogger. Some people think Google indexes updates on Blogger faster because they own it. I haven't seen proof, but if being indexed as quick as possible is a priority it's something to think about.

MikeMinnihan 3rd December 2010 03:08 PM

Re:

I heard wordpress is better, but for me, I have used both blogger and wordpress, all I can say is that blogger is easy to use while wordpress is kind of for tech savvy individuals. I dunno it's just my opinion based on my experience. But I do love to be a wordpress expert someday!

Bruce Chang 12th December 2010 07:37 AM

I recommend wordpress for its amazing plugins.

habeeb24 14th December 2010 07:10 PM

I donít have much to say about blogger. Itís easy to set up and use. More reliable than wordpress. You can sign up for a blog in about 30 seconds, and itís pretty easy to fiddle with the look of it. Itís not as extensible as wordpress, but Iíve been using it for a few months now and Iím more satisfied than another one.

Jackrabbit.com 15th December 2010 03:00 PM

I don't have any experience with Blogger, but I can tell you that Wordpress is very easy to use and, like Bruce said, the plugins are amazing. There is a plugin for nearly any service or feature that you can think of. Some big name websites are built entirely on Wordpress, because it allows for a huge amount of customization.

I would suggest experimenting with both to see which you're more comfortable with.

Alex @ Jackrabbit.com

Domestic Diva 15th December 2010 05:20 PM

I didnt understand how to even use wordpress.I use blogger,its really gotten better from what is was 2,3 yrs ago.Its simple but it can be adjusted to fit your needs.

LloydBurrell 16th December 2010 07:28 AM

Wordpress. It has a very comprehensive set of tools. Even if you don't know editing at all, it's so simple that you can't go wrong. And, on the other hand, if you need to take more complicated actions, a great help index is there to assist.

ChrissyBiz 16th December 2010 07:43 AM

I think that Wordpress is far more technical, the user will need to know more to use it than Blogger. Of course, it may be easy to learn (I've used it in the past) but for ease of use I chose blogger for my own.