Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Print Advertising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Is Print Advertising Still Alive? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35154)

davaoprojects 20th August 2010 02:36 AM

Is Print Advertising Still Alive?

:imnew1: Hi! At the age of technology where everyone seems to be depending on the internet for information and business, is print advertising still alive and practical to use? :D

BeTheBest 22nd August 2010 07:16 PM

Don't remember where I read the stat... and can't remember exactly what that stat said (number wise) but it was showing that a HUGE amount of website traffic is driven from OFF LINE SOURCES.

Most of the marketing boys (and girls) out there will not admit it, but they use OFF LINE ads (direct mail too) to drive traffic to their site... .just to get a sign up to their list. That's the key. Get the list... work it later.

Hope this helps!

davaoprojects 22nd August 2010 09:44 PM

Hi! Thanks for the info... I have also made a research about offline sources/advertising and found out that these sources are simple but effective means to get traffic to your site.
It says that the online advertising market for many niches is over saturated. You MUST take your website promotion offline to stand out and get ahead. All the while I thought the print industry is losing its market over the internet.:thumbsup2

hdm 23rd August 2010 02:26 AM

In these times of email, social networking and doing almost everything online, there is still a place in marketing for direct mail. It is a cost effective way of targeting your audience and getting the message across.

Direct mail is a good marketing tool, even if just to steer your readers to visit your website.

davidbkeegan 29th August 2010 05:21 PM

I've seen a lot of big clothing companies who still use print ads, but now instead of ordering or going to the store, the ad directs you to the website where you can purchase the product.

Bugman 17th September 2010 04:40 PM

One thing I read a while back was that in determining rank on 'google maps' for local businesses, google utilized a business white pages reference. If you weren't listed there, you lost credibility and it was harder to be listed on 'page 1'.

So it seems print is a prerequisite for some online marketing strategies.

I prefer the yellow pages myself. When I am trying to pick a company to use for a service I find that printed ads deliver much more information much faster than googling.

Call Brian 28th September 2010 08:58 AM

Any type of marketing that brings you customers is worth pursuing (as long as its cost effective). The tough part is to track offline advertising but you can include a coupon or offer code, or track phone calls using a dedicated tracking number with analytics. It's easy and cheap to set up phone numbers for each advertising campaign.

impacflyers 29th September 2010 09:43 PM

Print advertising is still strong and can be used to drive traffic to your web site.

hdm 30th September 2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impacflyers (Post 127533)
Print advertising is still strong and can be used to drive traffic to your web site.

Yes, of course it can. A carefully crafted mail piece is a great marketing option for this purpose.

Print Ads 30th September 2010 02:59 PM

Print is still alive, despite a lot of messages to the contrary. Our company generated over 200,000 phone calls for clients from print ads in various newspapers and magazines across the US in the first half of 2010. As an earlier poster pointed out, it's important to track whatever print advertising you do either with a unique 800# or web code/coupon. Consumers and businesses alike still like tangible products to read, and still respond to the advertising within. A great message and a targeted publication can help you achieve your goal.