Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How To Add Meta Description, Meta Tag To Each Post And Page? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36738)

techmodi 2nd November 2010 01:39 AM

How To Add Meta Description, Meta Tag To Each Post And Page?

Hello all,

I have created blog in Wordpress. Before this I worked on different blog websites like Blogger and Blogspot. I am aware of how to add Meta descriptions, Meta title and tags for each post as well as for pages and also for the overall Meta description, title and tag for whole blog. I tried to add all these in current Wordpress blog but I never found the option.

Please let me known the procedure for same. My blog gets crawl very rarely, once while in month. I suppose this is one of the reasons that my blog not gets crawl.

jaairey 2nd November 2010 10:56 AM

Add a plugin such as Platinum SEO pack. There will then be a box, usually at the bottom of the page, on the edit page that has areas to fill in.

techmodi 3rd November 2010 12:21 AM

Is It Free?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaairey (Post 130001)
Add a plugin such as Platinum SEO pack. There will then be a box, usually at the bottom of the page, on the edit page that has areas to fill in.

Is platinum SEO pack, free of cost? Actually I don't want to go for paid option. Thanks :)

jaairey 3rd November 2010 04:37 PM

It free, as are most other seo plugins. On your dashboard, go to Plugins, then Add New, type in your search phrase - SEO or whatever. Pick the one you think will work for you, then Install Now and then activate.

If you try the one you pick and think you don't like it, deactivate it, and try another. There are tons of them.

techmodi 4th November 2010 12:56 AM

Thanks for Suggestion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaairey (Post 130076)
It free, as are most other seo plugins. On your dashboard, go to Plugins, then Add New, type in your search phrase - SEO or whatever. Pick the one you think will work for you, then Install Now and then activate.

If you try the one you pick and think you don't like it, deactivate it, and try another. There are tons of them.

Thanks for the explanation in detail. It will make my work easy :)

sofiawmr 4th November 2010 05:16 AM

you can download this from
Code:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/[

rdcclu 5th November 2010 12:45 PM

Install and activate All in One SEO Pack.

Make sure your primary keyword for your post is in the title. Within 160 characters, write a compelling reason/benefit for the person to click over to your blog. Make sure you do adequate keyword research and enter about 6 of your top keywords. All you entries in the All in One SEO Pack override whatever else is on your page.

After you put up a blog post, go to Pingler and ping the actual page that the blog post resides on.

Then social bookmark your blog post.

A final option would be to make a 2 min YouTube video on the subject and put that on the same page as the post.

All spider food.

rockroad005 5th November 2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdcclu (Post 130187)
Install and activate All in One SEO Pack.

Make sure your primary keyword for your post is in the title. Within 160 characters, write a compelling reason/benefit for the person to click over to your blog. Make sure you do adequate keyword research and enter about 6 of your top keywords. All you entries in the All in One SEO Pack override whatever else is on your page.

After you put up a blog post, go to Pingler and ping the actual page that the blog post resides on.

Then social bookmark your blog post.

A final option would be to make a 2 min YouTube video on the subject and put that on the same page as the post.

All spider food.

Very informative post mate. I will follow this tips because I am also having a problem with regards to meta tags, it is so lucky i am to dropped by on this thread. Thanks for sharing, Appreciate it.