Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pay Per Click Advertising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SEO Vs PPC - The Great Debate (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35796)

accurate.cygnet 24th December 2012 12:13 AM

PPC is best when you are promoting a time sensitive offer. And also if your website is not designed for SEO. PPC is for time being though. SEO is better when you want to increase the value of your website and when you want consistent results.

Michael26 14th February 2013 06:33 AM

I suggest my clients to first go for SEO and if the SEO campaign show positive results in the form of better ROI then they should go for PPC which will double their ROI. PPC is still a very effective way of getting quick queries from potential customers. The only headache is to fit the right text in the ad and improve quality score.

accurate.cygnet 14th February 2013 11:05 PM

If you have a successful SEO outcome, why would go for PPC, you are getting traffic, ranking high, generating leads, getting online business. Then I don't think that one should go fro PPC.

Beth Worthy 15th February 2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social-Media (Post 127228)
I agree. They are both different advertising tools with different objectives. PPC is tactical... instant traffic. SEO is more strategic... takes time to rank and get traffic. Businesses should be doing both, as well as using countless other techniques to advertise like CPM/Display or direct email marketing. Both are only parts of a comprehensive marketing approach.

But even when you start ranking for your targeted keyword phrases I would not stop using PPC advertising.

Totally, agree. They are completely different advertisement tools with different perspectives. Both can only be considered as a comprehensive marketing medium.

accurate.cygnet 14th March 2013 11:47 PM

I agree with the guy above. They both are different tools. You need to select as per the requirement. PPC I'd suggest for the seasonal businesses for which you have the less time for promotion and SEO is time consuming.

Rachel S 23rd April 2013 11:49 PM

Although PPC is expensive technique but I prefer PPC than SEO. SEO is changing dramatically, PPc is more optimal form of search marketing if you are selling something or generating revenue in the first few steps of user interaction. It yields the most success for e-commerce websites, for keywords that attract visitors with a "buying intent," and for websites that sell digital services.

FireUps 24th April 2013 05:09 AM

SEM ROI Tracking for PPC

Look at the first page of Google.... SEO is becoming less and less prevalent on the page. In some searches I see less than 5 organic listings.

Careful with small PPC budgets - You will be come a hater - Start Small - Like a couple days at most. Moniotor your ROI and turn up your budget if you are maintaining the conversion.

I have a page I :
spent $10/day -made $20 (7 day test)
spent $20/per day made $40 (7 day test)
-Added more keyword targets
spent $30/per day made $55 (7 day test)
spent $40/per day made $60 (7 day test)
Now its time to look at a couple things
-On page - look at site stats for trends/bounce rate changes/pages/visit/etc - points to traffic quality
-Look at keywords and CTR - points to traffic quality
Time to get out the pruners and drop some keywords or change budgets
Based on your findings you can adjust your pages or your targets and budgets to increase conversions.

Pretty simple stuff!

bradmarcus 25th April 2013 10:04 AM

The basics remain the same.

This thread began with a line that still remains true. "Website owners have to invest in SEO efforts whenever they create a page on their site & this can never stop." Anyone who says that good SEO is less important or not important has an agenda. SEO methods may change based on algorythm changes, but the concepts are the same. Create a website that is visually interesting that offers good content and you will rank well. PPC is generating less and less clicks because the consumer has begin to understand which results on the SERP are placed and which are organic. According to Google, page 1 PPC ad clicks are down 70% this year over last.

roof cleaning 29th July 2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradmarcus (Post 190049)
This thread began with a line that still remains true. "Website owners have to invest in SEO efforts whenever they create a page on their site & this can never stop." Anyone who says that good SEO is less important or not important has an agenda. SEO methods may change based on algorythm changes, but the concepts are the same. Create a website that is visually interesting that offers good content and you will rank well. PPC is generating less and less clicks because the consumer has begin to understand which results on the SERP are placed and which are organic. According to Google, page 1 PPC ad clicks are down 70% this year over last.

I totally agree that CONTENT is king! Churn out good and fresh compelling content, and don't do anything stuipd, like 50,000 directory submissions, and sit back and smile!

We found adwords way too expensive for us. We clean tile and shingle roofs in a 100 mile radius of Tampa Florida. Competitors were killing us, by clicking away on our ads, costing us a fortune!
So, what we did was target every search term people use to find a roof cleaner in their area, and made blog posts on a dedicated roof cleaning forum, to target those keywords!
The SEO Clout of these blogs on the dedicated roof cleaning forum are incredible!
In less then a month, nearly every post we have made is near, or at the top of whatever search string for roof cleaning we are targeting.

Personally, I seldom click on adword ads when I am shopping for something.
We are always number one organically for the search term "roof cleaning Tampa"
I have watched upteen adwords competitors come and go this year alone.
The adwords do not seem to bother us at all, and must not be working well for our competitors here in the roof cleaning business in Tampa either.
Seldom does any local competitor in my area stay with the adwords, for very long :)

roof cleaning 29th July 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel S (Post 189899)
Although PPC is expensive technique but I prefer PPC than SEO. SEO is changing dramatically, PPc is more optimal form of search marketing if you are selling something or generating revenue in the first few steps of user interaction. It yields the most success for e-commerce websites, for keywords that attract visitors with a "buying intent," and for websites that sell digital services.

Our experience is it "attracts visitors" alright, visitors who are competitors who will have their entire families click away on your adword ads, costing you a small fortune!