Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Google+ For Small Business? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50538)

Mike12 25th April 2012 04:59 PM

Google+ For Small Business?
 
Here's an article that might be of value, its geared to small businesses that aren't on Google+ and are wondering about whether they should be. I wrote it in part based on what I learned doing marketing research for my business. There are lots of social options right now, its difficult to decide where to invest limited time and resources. http://bit.ly/JoklVF

mackyanderson 1st May 2012 06:10 PM

I'm not really trusted to those site that doesn't display there true URL. I actually don't click those shorten url I'm sorry.

garrett123 15th May 2012 06:18 PM

Google +'s are supposed to directly affect search rankings. Google doesn't have access to facebook likes or twitter data. So, +'s are what i am more focused on now.

waynemorrise 16th May 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garrett123 (Post 169608)
Google +'s are supposed to directly affect search rankings. Google doesn't have access to facebook likes or twitter data. So, +'s are what i am more focused on now.

We're in the same focus my friend. As I am seeing the potential of every + we get and do for our sites, that it can be transpose to a very useful thing that Google really honor.

ChrisLeads 17th May 2012 12:28 AM

Yeah. I also agree with garrett123 and waynemorrise. I see a lot of potential with google + (knowing that google owns it). There is no harm in trying.

TylerDurden49 17th May 2012 01:50 AM

Google+ Brand Pages helps a lot for your product or website to increase popularity just like Facebook Fan Page does.

Diane Seltzer 17th May 2012 05:51 AM

I agree with the Google+ approach too. Its obviously not as popular as Facebook or Twitter (or even Pinterest) right now, but Google is putting a lot of effort behind growing it... its just a matter of time before it becomes a major influence. The impact on search results has huge potential.

That's why I have been working on expanding my circle... best to *try* to get ahead of the curve!

Here's an article I put together with some strategies to grow your Google+ circle (no tiny URL ;) )
http://www.sbmarketingtools.com/how-...-page-contacts

hdm 17th May 2012 06:49 AM

Is there an option to include our Google+ link on this forum? Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to start a follow chain here.

I'll go first, then:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/118376...51402135/posts

LindaMorrision 17th May 2012 08:11 AM

According to me Google+ is doing the same task what face book posting/likes do. It also helps to increase the reputation of your website/business.

Diane Seltzer 17th May 2012 02:08 PM

I was wondering the same thing HDM - right now it doesn't appear to be an option to have G+ under your name. I find G+ more valuable for B2B right now than Facebook.

Here is my G+ page:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114835964625426883708/

(HDM - I just followed you as my page and my name)

hdm 18th May 2012 01:34 AM

Thank you, Diane

My page and I are now following you and your page.

Sally

BNB 18th May 2012 09:37 AM

Google Plus is a tough one, not many people on it yet so hard to get any real exposure.

Ours is: https://plus.google.com/112148596763201177622/

Feel free to follow and we'll follow you back, fun to stay in touch with other business peeps.

waynemorrise 18th May 2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane Seltzer (Post 169697)
I agree with the Google+ approach too. Its obviously not as popular as Facebook or Twitter (or even Pinterest) right now, but Google is putting a lot of effort behind growing it... its just a matter of time before it becomes a major influence. The impact on search results has huge potential.

That's why I have been working on expanding my circle... best to *try* to get ahead of the curve!

Here's an article I put together with some strategies to grow your Google+ circle (no tiny URL ;) )
http://www.sbmarketingtools.com/how-...-page-contacts

Great article Diane.
Quote:

(no tiny URL ;) )
Thank you for doing the more trusted way.

I actually embed the Google profile badge on my blog like what has been discussed in your post here's my blog. http://santamonicaminimumwage.blogspot.com/

It actually helps my blog to have an authorship of mine.

If you try to search my blog on Google, you will see that the authorship of it is mine. :)

Google is really powerful and can do everything.

bizmaverick 18th May 2012 09:04 PM

Still using facebook
 
I havenít used Google+ for my small business; probably because I use Facebook more often. Aside from that, I am more familiar with the site.

diaze082 19th May 2012 05:46 AM

Google+ is good way to start small online business because it is social media site prouct of google just like facebook. Using google+ person can make very big circle which will help in onlline business.

Jim Collins 19th May 2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizmaverick (Post 169782)
I havenít used Google+ for my small business; probably because I use Facebook more often. Aside from that, I am more familiar with the site.

I think these social media trends are going too far. There is a lot of information, sometimes too much, shared .

What worries me is the terms of use policies that are so complex and leave holes wide open for privacy abuses.

:imnew1:

hdm 23rd May 2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNB (Post 169759)
Google Plus is a tough one, not many people on it yet so hard to get any real exposure.

Ours is: https://plus.google.com/112148596763201177622/

Feel free to follow and we'll follow you back, fun to stay in touch with other business peeps.

Following you now, BNB. My business page is in my earlier post.

mackyanderson 23rd May 2012 11:53 AM

I just follow and +1 your page BNB.

Here's our Google Page. https://plus.google.com/107379993630088466177/posts feel free to do the same also. :)

BNB 23rd May 2012 11:56 AM

This is such a great idea. Networking by following Plus pages.

Jim Collins 23rd May 2012 12:12 PM

I have also added all 3 of you in my google+

mine is
https://plus.google.com/106782885999043429850

TylerDurden49 24th May 2012 01:15 AM

Google+ Brand Page has proved to be very powerful & fruitful to me You can checkout my followers on it https://plus.google.com/100566414147290579544. Also you can put a Google+ Brand Badge Button to your desired webpage for e.g you might've seen "Online Degrees is on Google+" you will see a follow button next to it.

hdm 24th May 2012 02:23 AM

Hello all

Following, and +1'd you all now.

BNB 24th May 2012 03:22 PM

I like your products Jim. My wife keeps suggesting we should re-do our columns in stone.

These don't look too hard to install, are they easy or do I need to hire someone?

hdm 25th May 2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Collins (Post 170036)
I have also added all 3 of you in my google+

mine is
https://plus.google.com/106782885999043429850

You too, Jim. Do you have a facebook page?

Jim Collins 16th June 2012 10:13 AM

Hello BNB, sorry but we just saw your question.

Yes, it's very easy. The products are geared to all every-day handyman.

Thanks.

Mike12 16th June 2012 01:02 PM

I'm sorry guys, I started this post but never got a notification until today that anyone had posted so I assumed there was no interest. I'll go back to manually checking threads.

Sorry about the shortened link, I guess I was in twitter mode. Here's the full link

http://www.simplifythis.com/blog/sma...siness-be-one/

I added you guys to my circles, here's mine.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113263...14195291/posts

-Mike

hdm 18th June 2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike12 (Post 171494)
I'm sorry guys, I started this post but never got a notification until today that anyone had posted so I assumed there was no interest. I'll go back to manually checking threads.

Sorry about the shortened link, I guess I was in twitter mode. Here's the full link

http://www.simplifythis.com/blog/sma...siness-be-one/

I added you guys to my circles, here's mine.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113263...14195291/posts

-Mike

Hello Mike, I am following your google plus now.

Sally

Jim Collins 18th June 2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerDurden49 (Post 170061)
Google+ Brand Page has proved to be very powerful & fruitful to me You can checkout my followers on it https://plus.google.com/100566414147290579544. Also you can put a Google+ Brand Badge Button to your desired webpage for e.g you might've seen "Online Degrees is on Google+" you will see a follow button next to it.

Your posts though don't seem to be "catchy". I mean, many sources say that people are not really interested in seeing sales pitch on these mediums, instead something they can engage.

Do you see responses?

In which way are they "fruitful" to you?

Thanks.

StaceyG 22nd June 2012 08:21 AM

I'm wondering how much interaction (comments, really) do you guys get on your Google+ pages? And if you don't get much interaction, do you at least get clicks back to your site?

I work on a few different websites, and none have Google+ pages, but I'm considering that as a new option for us.

Diane Seltzer 22nd June 2012 08:55 AM

Stacy G - I am starting to see an uptick in comments, +1 activity and definitely a viral increase in people within my circle (over 300 for my marketing tools page now).

All that has an impact on your Google search results so it is worth it. I don't believe you can track uplift in traffic in the organic search results related to your circle yet, but I do see referrals directly from my posts.

Like any social media outlet, it takes time to build the presence and see the impact. But Google is putting a lot behind this and I really don't feel like you should sit on the sidelines. There is nothing worse than being in catch-up mode later.

Here is my G+ page:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114835964625426883708/

I am following everyone on this trail either as Diane Seltzer, Small Business Marketing Tools or BoaterLifeOnline (depending on the relevance). Thanks!

hdm 22nd June 2012 08:56 AM

I feel that Google+ hasn't really taken off yet, and is still a bit of a ghost town. However, it's good to have a page set up ready for when it all kicks off.

StaceyG 22nd June 2012 09:02 AM

Ok guys, I'm convinced. Diane, thanks for the thorough reply!

Here's our brand new page for one of our websites:

https://plus.google.com/111381810713902789545/

I'm curious how this will turn out.

hdm 22nd June 2012 09:09 AM

Well done, Stacey

Following you, as https://plus.google.com/b/1183766031...51402135/posts
and https://plus.google.com/106454426111135036594/posts

appleman3 22nd June 2012 11:50 AM

Google+
 
Google + is only good to a point and I have taken to getting mine much finer tuned. I have in place a script to keep all negative comments out of the reviews and you have to have videos. Make sure you use the limits in all of their wants for Google+. I use utube to get me to the top of Google not Google+, but I do use both to keep me there.

trav268 22nd June 2012 03:13 PM

Heres mine https://plus.google.com/114596284025226545660/posts

hdm 25th June 2012 01:09 AM

Following you too, Console Doctor, from both of my pages.

Punit 25th June 2012 02:33 AM

From this Thread I came to know many wonderful thing on G+'s potential for small business. Thanks everyone!

mktgbiz 26th June 2012 08:24 AM

So, right now it's kind of like a big group hug, right?

You guys are all liking each other and no money is swapping hands?

hdm 26th June 2012 08:40 AM

That's about the size of it. :laughhard

BNB 26th June 2012 09:02 AM

Got you new folks added.

https://plus.google.com/112148596763201177622


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018 - Privacy