Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi! I'm New And Need Some Ideas. (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33141)

Karla k 20th May 2010 03:59 PM

Hi! I'm New And Need Some Ideas.

I need some ideas to promote our towns business fair. It is held outdoors in the town plaza in the fall. I have had no problems attracting exhibitors, but I need people to come and visit the exhibitors! Have you any great promotional ideas, that don't cost alot? I have time so labor intensive is fine, but funds are low. Thanks in advance for any help!

AngelBiz 20th May 2010 10:17 PM

Karla

One of the best and low cost approach is to set up a Facebook account and promote it within the community. Ask people to become friend on your Facebook account. You will want to put information, including pictures on the account and update it regularly to keep people interested and make them come back often.

I would also look into creating a simple web page that provides the event details.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

hdm 21st May 2010 01:29 AM

Hello Karla

Welcome along. Good to meet you.

I know of a good web designer, with experience in designing event sites, not expensive either. Please let me know if you would like details.

Where is your town?

Sahan Asad 21st May 2010 11:11 AM

welcome to the forum

joshua99 23rd May 2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla k (Post 118504)
I need some ideas to promote our towns business fair. It is held outdoors in the town plaza in the fall. I have had no problems attracting exhibitors, but I need people to come and visit the exhibitors! Have you any great promotional ideas, that don't cost alot? I have time so labor intensive is fine, but funds are low. Thanks in advance for any help!

Try to organise a contest to encourage people to come. Find some sponsors that will be willing to sponsor the gift while you give him some free advertising space.

mikehudson 24th May 2010 08:27 AM

Hello karla,

Welcome to smallbusineessbrief family good to see you here.

:welcome3:

Karla k 24th May 2010 12:17 PM

Thank you

Thanks for taking the time and responding. I think I can incorporate most of the ideas. I'm still open to more.....;)

DeniseTaylor 24th May 2010 01:28 PM

Hi Karla

I'm thinking you could promote the event on Craigslist. Also, does the local Chamber have a website you can post an announcement on? The other thing you could do put announcements in your local paper in the Calendar section.

Relishmydog 24th May 2010 10:19 PM

what about going to your local Starbucks and other coffee stores and hanging flyers on the community boards. Also you can partner up with Starbucks, they are always looking to help out thier communities. I was a manager for the company for ten years, and I know that we were always looking for a way to help out the community.
Carrie

Vishenda 25th May 2010 09:56 AM

Welcome to the forum Karla :)