Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radio Advertising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Radio Adverstising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19367)

JackieHFS 13th May 2008 01:10 PM

Radio Adverstising

Hi All,

Well, I have been selling the radio ads for our weather company for about 8 months now and I can say it has to be the most difficult sale I have ever been involved in. During my cold calls, everything goes fine when I introduce myself and say I work for a small weather forecasting company in Southern NH. Then when I mention the radio ads, some of the people get an attitude immediately. Sometimes I can get by their initial response because of our incredibly low rates, but other times it is like I developed the plague.

Well we keep plugging along and selling some here or there. However, it takes so much time, it is difficult to sell radio advertising time and our weather products too.

Just needed to vent.

Jackie

Logan 13th May 2008 01:14 PM

Have you thought of "repackaging" into sponsored announcements. Kind of like the newspapers have "ads" that look like news columns.

Just an idea, feel free to keep venting away if you'd like :)

Zafar Ahmed 9th June 2008 07:06 AM

I think if you get advertisement while having good entertainment programs like music and some funny programs then there is a great chance to get more and more advertisement effects for your business.

mktgbiz 9th June 2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 68847)
Have you thought of "repackaging" into sponsored announcements. Kind of like the newspapers have "ads" that look like news columns.

Just an idea, feel free to keep venting away if you'd like :)

Great idea Logan!!

maakd 4th September 2008 04:30 AM

How better Radio adv works is depends
where do you live and what kind of society
you are in.

If, you are in USA city area how many hours you
listen radio- may not be 10 hours a year. If you
are in African region or some part of south Asian
region you listen radio average 5 hours a day or even
more.

Advertise any places are not harm- but how the result comes
and, Are these listener folks are your targeted leads ! This is the
important factor to know.

youbetcha1018 28th September 2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 68847)
Have you thought of "repackaging" into sponsored announcements.

This idea really works. I used to work in a local radio station too. Sales and Marketing Staff has the same problem too. But now, I heard that they're doing well.

BigChilla 3rd June 2009 04:10 PM

You guys are all right on with that.

I know I was sold on internet radio with a "sponsorship" deal, I'm sure I would be sold on FM/AM with a deal like that too. As long as the price is right.

The problem that I run into when giving out my advertising money is that I have to feel like the demographic is 100% right, not just partially right you know?

multimediocrity 13th November 2009 07:23 PM

Do you advertise your ad space over your radio station? That might work.
"Does radio advertising work? It just did!"

allister 16th June 2010 06:54 PM

Radio is the single most effective form of advertising there is. There are more radio listeners in US than TV watchers and newspaper readers. Plus, studies show that people retain information that they "hear" than information that they see or read.

CLOVIA 17th July 2010 02:09 AM

Radio Adverstising

Hi Kitty.

Radio advertising is intrusive and if you have a powerful message can be very long lasting. For instance people who are old enough can probably recall at least 3 or 4 slogan lines or jingles for cigarettes and the last time they heard those was in 1972.

Radio can build a brand very successfully. It rescued Motel 6 from bankruptcy - "We'll leave the light on for you". It resurrected the Ovaltine and Gold Bond brands that had been relegated to obscurity. It took a beverage company to the big time in the building of the Snapple brand.