Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Feedback About A Blog Idea (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56943)

leeatmelisa 10th May 2013 05:00 AM

Feedback About A Blog Idea

:imnew1:Hi all,
My name is Melisa and I would like to ask for your opinion on a blog idea that I have. I am currently involved in a marketing experiment of a startup launching a new product. We are running campaigns on different communication channels and then measure in Analytics the results that each channel brings for our business objectives. At this point, everything can go extremely well with impressing spiky results, or extremely bad that will kick our startup out of business. I am contemplating the idea of starting a blog about the learning process of a startup organization experimenting various communication channels and document each step, each lesson learnt about the process the startup is going through. Do you think the learning process of a startup could be of any interest for young entrepreneurs? Do you happen to know about a similar blog/website? Your feedback would be highly appreciated. thank you, melisa

andrew2185bruge 13th May 2013 04:52 AM

What topic would you approach on this blog exactly? Would it be just the marketing strategy that you would talk about? Or also the procedure for setting up the business, budget issues, how do you recruit your employees?
I think this could be interesting to read but keep in mind how much you can reveal about your start up because your competition is also online.

Marjorie 15th May 2013 09:15 AM

I think that's a fantastic idea and new entrepreneurs would love that. Just be careful how much you reveal about your ideas on your blogs.

Good Luck

carpetnj 18th May 2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeatmelisa (Post 190912)
:imnew1:Hi all,
My name is Melisa and I would like to ask for your opinion on a blog idea that I have. I am currently involved in a marketing experiment of a startup launching a new product. We are running campaigns on different communication channels and then measure in Analytics the results that each channel brings for our business objectives. At this point, everything can go extremely well with impressing spiky results, or extremely bad that will kick our startup out of business. I am contemplating the idea of starting a blog about the learning process of a startup organization experimenting various communication channels and document each step, each lesson learnt about the process the startup is going through. Do you think the learning process of a startup could be of any interest for young entrepreneurs? Do you happen to know about a similar blog/website? Your feedback would be highly appreciated. thank you, melisa

I think that is an excellent idea. You need to research what topics are commonly searched for on Google. Use keyword tools to determine what topics are hot and will drive traffic to your website.

uspackaging 18th May 2013 06:08 PM

Anything that will offer reader value and information is normally a good idea. This sounds like it will benefit any new startups that read it.

carpetnj 19th May 2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uspackaging (Post 191379)
Anything that will offer reader value and information is normally a good idea. This sounds like it will benefit any new startups that read it.

I agree. Blogs that provide the reader with value will attract viewers.

panthervision23 20th May 2013 01:30 AM

Welcome to SBB, Melissa. Blogs are a great way to promote yourself online. Amateurs and veterans do it. Yes, I believe your technique is effective. You need to learn the ropes.

carpetnj 20th May 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthervision23 (Post 191416)
Welcome to SBB, Melissa. Blogs are a great way to promote yourself online. Amateurs and veterans do it. Yes, I believe your technique is effective. You need to learn the ropes.

I agree with panthervision. The only way to learn is jump right in and get your feet wet. You will learn through experience.

BeBizsmart 29th May 2013 05:00 AM

It might be overdue to give a reply for your Melissa's question but for purposes of business startups,allow me to chip in.
Starting a blog to compliment your business is an awesome idea.After all,it costs peanuts and the online presence nowadays is like a mandatory thing for any business-even carpentry.
Specifically in answer to the original queastion posed,the idea of starting a blog about the whole startup process would be splendid.Even for young entrepreneurs.Mind you,this is one of the most researched topics in business year-in year-out.I would be glad to know how you have fared assuming you went ahead to launch the blog.
Any blog is a good blog.As long as it it self-sustaining (or doesn't strain you financially) I would very strongly advise.

Babiesbase 20th June 2013 11:03 AM

Blogs

A blog is great if you can keep it up, I've had a few over the years, worked on them, then gradually they have fallen by the wayside.

It will work if your dedicated and stick with it posting regularly, ideally daily.