Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best Way To Get Website In Ranking? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68679)

bhavnasingh482 2nd May 2015 04:04 AM

Best Way To Get Website In Ranking?

Hi

Please help me to know that what is the best way to get website in Ranking?

grimdispatcher 2nd May 2015 03:15 PM

In line with this question, Is it necessary to hire an IT team to improve our company's website presence? or can it be a job for one consultant? thanks! BTW, we are a small team of trainers and we provide team building, personality development and business training. We want to improve our online presence as part of our plan to increase client base. Thanks again!

matthew86 3rd May 2015 10:18 AM

The best way to improve your site's ranking is to publish relevant content and update it regularly.
Keywords are also helpful .

shaunanderson 4th May 2015 02:27 AM

No doubt, content and keyword phrase are important factors for keyword ranking. Apart from this, your website should optimize as search engine friendly and you should try to get links from other relevant, high quality sites.

alexjames212 4th May 2015 05:51 AM

There are not shortcuts to achieve better rankings. Just make sure that your website is navigational friendly, loads quicker and offers relevant fresh content on a regular basis to its users.

sophiarivera07 4th May 2015 06:55 AM

Important Factors:

1 - Make Website loading time quicker
2 - Website content will be fresh
3 - Avoid duplication content.
4 - Select relevant category to your website
5 - Your Title, keywords, and meta will be unique
6 - Increase your CTR

susandix 4th May 2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavnasingh482 (Post 227770)
Hi

Use quality content in your webpage and do submission in articles, blog, press release, micro blogging do create quality backlinks, with high domain authority and many more.

Tradegateway 4th May 2015 09:04 AM

Do promotion with high quality or unique content like blog posting, article posting and more.

torka 4th May 2015 03:49 PM

@grimdispatcher: that depends on what you mean by "improve your web presence." If the one consultant has the skills to implement what you're looking to do, there's no reason to hire a whole team. (I manage eight websites at my day job, mostly without any outside consulting/IT help... but I do make use of a lot of third party tools to make my job easier.)

On the other hand, if you have a large site and you're looking for a complete overhaul in a short time frame, a team might be a better bet. There are only so many hours in a day and only so much one person can do during those hours.

It also depends on whether the "improvements" you want to make are totally IT-related (i.e. infrastructure and functionality) or if there are marketing / communications / user experience aspects as well. If that's the case, an IT team (or at least an IT team alone) may not be your best bet. You're going to want someone with some UX and user-interface-design chops, you'll need somebody who knows about content, a designer and a digital marketer or two.

If your consultant combines all those skills in one body, they're what we call a "unicorn." Very rare. ;) If they're someone you can easily work with, hold on to them, because you're unlikely to find another any time soon.

Otherwise, the team approach may be a better bet. (Just not all IT people on the team. :) )

My :twocents:

--Torka :iratep:

Alex_James 6th May 2015 06:24 AM

#1. Website optimization (content relevancy, Meta tags, content value, web pages inter-looping)
#2. Analysis skills (webmaster, google analytics, keyword planner, competitor)
#3. Your presence on social channels this task can help you to make good online presence (brand) on social platforms.
#4. More Link building (niche industry)
#5. Customer relationship (google review on local listing)

SEO has no end point. It is continue process.
But if you are doing well with all above listed tasks I think these are enough to get ranking.

david14beck 7th May 2015 12:20 AM

- choose your website keywords with maximum searches and less competition.
- update your website with fresh content(search engines love fresh content)
- promote your website on social media websites
- do activities like blog commenting,social bookmarking,PPT,PDF,Video submissions, post your website link with anchor on any website where they allow.

kevincarney 7th May 2015 02:20 PM

SEO has Become Publishing

I have an eBook on my website that gives a good overview.

The title (and link) is below.

Introduction to Inbound Marketing.

jeffscott 8th May 2015 03:53 AM

Quote:

The best way to rank your website is not to focus on it but to concentrate on providing interesting and engaging information for your targeted audience.:welcome2:

guinnesskid613 8th May 2015 09:32 AM

While good content and a friendly website layout will help you, the number one way to get a website ranked is with strong backlinks leading to your site. Or you could always just make a Youtube video for that keyword as Google loves to display Youtube videos in search results.

MichaelXH 8th May 2015 10:31 AM

I find the most useful tools help analyze traffic and competition -- Google Keywords, Moz toolset and SEMRush are my go-tos. Everyone is saying you have to 'have unique content', which you do, and a good keyword difficulty check is a great way to measure just how unique your content is. And traffic will tell you how big the market/interest is for a given subject.

Vida Rinaldi 12th May 2015 09:56 PM

Hi, for me, I think it is relevant to hire an IT team to increase your market or online presence unless you have ideas that would not need hiring one. You could always try and search for reliable company online in case you need to hire:)

LisaHandson 13th May 2015 03:18 AM

Start building few but quality and natural back links from high PR and high domain authority relevant sites. And also start doing content marketing which is all time best activity in SEO.

Vida Rinaldi 13th May 2015 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torka (Post 227876)
@grimdispatcher: that depends on what you mean by "improve your web presence." If the one consultant has the skills to implement what you're looking to do, there's no reason to hire a whole team. (I manage eight websites at my day job, mostly without any outside consulting/IT help... but I do make use of a lot of third party tools to make my job easier.)

On the other hand, if you have a large site and you're looking for a complete overhaul in a short time frame, a team might be a better bet. There are only so many hours in a day and only so much one person can do during those hours.

It also depends on whether the "improvements" you want to make are totally IT-related (i.e. infrastructure and functionality) or if there are marketing / communications / user experience aspects as well. If that's the case, an IT team (or at least an IT team alone) may not be your best bet. You're going to want someone with some UX and user-interface-design chops, you'll need somebody who knows about content, a designer and a digital marketer or two.

If your consultant combines all those skills in one body, they're what we call a "unicorn." Very rare. ;) If they're someone you can easily work with, hold on to them, because you're unlikely to find another any time soon.

Otherwise, the team approach may be a better bet. (Just not all IT people on the team. :) )

My :twocents:

--Torka :iratep:

Thanks, Moderator! This one's worth reading.

chrisjohn93 13th May 2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Hi

There is no best way to get website in ranking instead there are certain tasks which you need to do get in Top 10 SERP'S. You should hire a professional for that because it's not a easy task that you can do it yourself.

danielnash 13th May 2015 09:02 AM

update content on website regularly.

bhavnasingh482 18th May 2015 03:07 AM

Thanks for reply.

LisaHandson 19th May 2015 05:30 AM

Content Marketing is all time best activity in SEO. As We all know "Content is king" in today SEO and Google also loves to crawl and index quality and unique content every time.

firsttenderseo1 21st May 2015 05:21 AM

Here are some best way to use for website ranking.
Target the right keywords for your website or its pages.
Update your content regularly
Add quality of Meta data in website.
Use alt image tag in the website.
Publish relevant and effective content

Erin Nagata 25th May 2015 05:39 AM

More and more webmasters are now using social media campaign as an effective way to drive traffic to a website.

Erin Nagata 25th May 2015 05:46 AM

Make sure that you work on web sites that have a good page rank associated to your campaign.

Erin Nagata 25th May 2015 06:08 AM

It essential that you work on websites with good page rank associated to your niche.

Local Mixed 30th May 2015 12:47 AM

While those that say content are right to a point that doesn't mean that you
need to post blog post after blog post.

What I am going to say is going against much of the so-called SEO-Guru's, but the truth is that it comes down to quality, not quantity.

You need to post high quality content - I call them Power Pages, or Power
Posts.

These posts are typically indepth article of about 1500-2000 or even more
words. The topic should help readers solve a problem and cast you in the
light of an expert.

The question comes down to what topics to write about. My answer to this
question also goes against the grain.

You don't write about topics that you think your audience wants to read
about, you write on topics that influencers in your niche or industry are
interested in. When it comes down to it, your audience has almost no benefit
to you SEO-wise. They aren't going to link to your website or blog post. It
is your influencers that are going to share your post with their audience and
link to your website, which is gives you the SEO benefit.

When you create awesome content based on topics in which your influencers are interested, you know their audience is also interested in it - and they
become your audience.

But publishing these Power Pages on topics that your influencers are
interested in isn't enought...

If you want a so-called "secret to SEO" it is working hard and performing outreach. You need to get your influencer's eyes on your content so they share it with their audience and hopefully link to it from their website.

There are many ways to do this...

One tactic that I just used is what Brian Dean at Backlinko calls the Skyscraper Technique (I just started my outreach campaign for this post Wednesday).

I took a well-known and popular post from an authority site in my niche and put my own unique twist to it and made it better and more useful by adding a tool that people can use.

After I had my muse of a post, I found all the websites that are linking back
to the post.

I then created my post...

This was huge undertaking because the basis of my post was the tool, which I had to have my developer design and build for me. I also had to find all the data that this tool was going to provide my readers.

It took me a good 3-4 months to finalize my post!

After I finally published this post, I reached out to each of the
websites that I found linking to the original popular webpage and informed them about my post and tool.

While this is the end of the Skyscraper Technique, it isn't where you should stop. After all, one tactic doesn't make a strategy.

Side note...I actually reached out to a few of the top influencers on the
topic before I published the article and asked for their feedback by
providing a link to a private page. I contact the ones that provided feedback
once the site went live for a little extra love.

As I said, I am only in the beginning of my outreach for this post. My next
step is contacting other influencers in the general niche. While this might
not get many links, it will get it shares and eyes on the content - which on it's own could get links.

After that, I will work on other linkbuilding and outreach tactics like broken-link building and finding link round-up posts. All of this round out my outreach campaign and earn backlinks from relevent and authority sites.

I Hope this gives you an idea what goes into a full SEO campaign. It comes down to creating awesome content and marketing your content to the right people.

As you can see, it is a lot of work. And there is no way of knowing the success before jumping in with both feet. But that is what separates the men from the boys. Most people don't want to put the blood sweat and tears that is necessary for a full SEO strategy.

I could write more about it and how to add on-site marketing strategies but I have to stop somewhere.

rozencutts 3rd June 2015 08:42 AM

There are no such tools to get good ranking. You afford some time to your project for good ranking

Mason Nettles 3rd June 2015 10:07 PM

Most of the answers are right on the mark. You either have a lot of work ahead of you or pay someone to do it. If you want a big house you have to build it or pay someone build it. Wanting just isn't enough.

I choose to build mine. It takes a lot more time than I ever thought.

david14beck 4th June 2015 02:16 AM

There is no short cuts for improve website rankings but first read about SEO of-page and on-page tactics.always put your website links in the high pr,Do-follo and high authority websites.

Jessica Walter 4th June 2015 03:26 AM

Quote:

Hi

There are lots of factor, which contributes to improve your website ranking over the web. First and fore most you should upload quality content over the web, reduce the page download speed, SEO friendly website, proper navigation, etc.

PPC and SEO are the bet ways to increase your website ranking over the web.

Local Mixed 4th June 2015 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david14beck (Post 229260)
There is no short cuts for improve website rankings but first read about SEO of-page and on-page tactics.always put your website links in the high pr,Do-follo and high authority websites.

PR, or page rank is dead. Google hasn't updated it in over a year and said last year they won't be updating again.

While higher the authority is best, relevancy is most important. Backlinks should be from sites relevant to yours. Also, authority changes and a less author active site could become a high author active site in a year or two.

As for do follow links, having nofollow isn't bad. It's natural to have nofollow links in your link profile. But you definitely want more do follow.

Local Mixed 4th June 2015 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica Walter (Post 229266)
There are lots of factor, which contributes to improve your website ranking over the web. First and fore most you should upload quality content over the web, reduce the page download speed, SEO friendly website, proper navigation, etc.

PPC and SEO are the bet ways to increase your website ranking over the web.

PPC has nothing to do with organic rankings.

Mason Nettles 4th June 2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Local Mixed (Post 229268)
PPC has nothing to do with organic rankings.

Yea, but it will help with the overall goal. Getting customer to see the website. SEO is a longterm strategy. It does not matter if you do the work or hire a team, SEO takes a while to take hold. It is no longer a pay-to-play-game. PPC is an effective way to drive traffic and brand awareness while Organic is taking hold.

chrisjohn93 5th June 2015 01:03 AM

PPC is not the way to get better ranking in Google Search. PPC is provides nothing for organinc search. All the clicks through PPC is counted for organic seach.

If you want to increase your ranking then you must post unique and relevant content to your website or your have to post high qiuality contents to other High PR website to get quality backlinks.

somyasharma 6th June 2015 02:08 AM

To ranking up on search engine results page is not an easy task nowadays. Many Google updates regularly updated, and they focused on the quality works, whether it is your site content or link. So, I think to rank up firstly you need to optimize your website according to search engine and user. After Website optimization occupied quality content and links for your site and promote your content on various social media networks.

Local Mixed 10th June 2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshgupta22 (Post 229480)
Make your website user friendly. Integrate a blog section with your website and update it regularly. Besides It follow some SEO techniques like social bookmarking, forums,blog comments etc.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Social bookmarking, forums and blog comments aren't going to do much for SEO anymore.....that SO 2009. I'm surprised you didn't say Web 2.0 sites.

Also it's a myth that you have to regularly update a blog or site. I know of sites ranking in the top of Google for highly competitive KYs that update their site ever 3-4 months.

crookedbadger 12th June 2015 12:17 AM

There is no magic to increase your website ranking, it is a slow process and takes time to be in the top list. Below are some pointers that can make your aim drive a bit easier:
1. Don't use duplicate content
2. Keep the page load speed great
3. Make the website user friendly and beautiful
4. Become socially active/

johnniewalk 12th June 2015 02:52 AM

To Rank your website you need to create more dofollow quality backlinks by using off page seo technique in that the best is blog post

lauren 12th June 2015 06:34 AM

Build content that is useful so that people automatically link you, get some natural links through your content strategy and sharing, this is the best way to increase the ranks in search engines.